DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Distribution Center (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/distribution-center/)
-   -   Looking for a few good eyeballs. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/distribution-center/478178-looking-few-good-eyeballs.html)

Bill Davis May 5th, 2010 03:12 PM

Looking for a few good eyeballs.

I'm fiddling with a new self-created website - and since I'm 100% mac based, I'm wondering if the video clips I'm posting work in a cross-platform world.

Anyone with a PC who could help me by taking a look and letting me know if the clips on the front page - AND the couple of initial demo clips on the "Videos" page are translating OK, I'd appreciate it.

The site is at the "live beta" stage but not formally published anywhere yet, before I get further in encoding video assets for the site and eventually send out notices, I'd like to tune up the encoding if necessary.

Thanks.

www.newvideoaz.com

Andy Wilkinson May 5th, 2010 03:23 PM

Hi Bill,

Had a very quick look at your site (on my Mac Pro at the moment editing/encoding) and will look again tomorrow next time I fire my Windows box up for some Vegas stuff. Site looks GREAT!

One thing I did "discover" in my quick Mac only look right now, on the Welcome/New Videos page, with the 2 videos at the bottom, they both load really fast! However, the one bottom left plays with sound when started but the one bottom right is silent - is this intentional or a bug somewhere?

Will look again!

Bill Davis May 5th, 2010 05:09 PM

Thanks Andy,

Appreciate the time.

Yeah, that second video is MOS. I probably should put some sound behind it so people don't get confused.

I was pretty sure the pages rendered and played OK on a Mac -

What I'm really hoping is that a variety of PC people can take a look and let me know what classes of machines or Windows builds might NOT play the content properly.

But again, thanks for your time. I greatly appreciate the help. I'm an absolute newbie at web stuff.

Sareesh Sudhakaran May 6th, 2010 03:36 AM

it works on a PC that is not mac tainted at all. :)

Bill Davis May 6th, 2010 09:29 AM

Excellent Sareesh,

That's precisely the kind of cross-platform feedback I hoped for.

Thank you so much for your time to view it.

Bill

Seth Bloombaum May 6th, 2010 09:43 AM

Looked at it in IE8 and Chrome on a PC - no problems.

Vito DeFilippo May 6th, 2010 09:46 AM

On XP with Firefox 3.6, your video title on the home page "Apriva Pay - Trade show loop - Shot at NewVideo - produced by Brad Whipple Ent. 2/2010" overlaps the "Arizona Video Production" line at the bottom. Other than that, it all seems to work.

On Internet Explorer it doesn't overlap.

The two browsers render the pages quite differently, actually.

Oops, just noticed that on Firefox I don't see the lower left video on the home page. Could be one of my extensions interfering with it auto-loading, however.

Bill Davis May 6th, 2010 05:08 PM

Excellent feedback:

Once again, thank you all so very much for your time.

This is extremely valuable feedback and I appreciate the time you all took to provide it.

Bill

Matteo Manson May 11th, 2010 11:46 PM

I'll chime in that it worked on Opera 10.5x on Windows 7 x64 with quicktime installed.

Geoffrey Cox May 12th, 2010 03:33 PM

Looks good and works fine on my old PowerBook G4 - videos play smooth even on this aged servant.