Hosting and viewing online at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Distribution Center
PC or Mac, how to take your video to DVD or the Internet.

Old December 9th, 2010, 07:16 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Hosting and viewing online

I'd really appreciate some help with hosting and viewing video online (and probably on mobiles too).

I'd like to have a website where clients can enter a password to view their own videos.

Having read some recent postings I'm thinking of possibly using Vzaar to host the video (unfortunately Vimeo doesn't do commercial hosting) and then creating a website, possibly with Webs.

Maybe I could host the video content with Webs too.

I'd like to house videos for three or four different clients, and for each one to be able to see their own videos, but not those of the others. That probably means starting with a generic home page and then making individual pages for each client, and having them password protected.

If anyone is currently doing this - or has any ideas, I'd really appreciate it!

Sean
Old December 13th, 2010, 10:11 AM   #2
Trustee

As a web developer, I can think of serveral ways to do this, but one of the easiest "do-it-yorself" methods would be to create a site using WordPress. WordPress will allow you to create password-protected pages as well as create user accounts with access to specific areas of your website.

As far as video hosting, I'd just use YouTube. YouTube has expanded their allowable use to include hosting videos for commercial purposes, as well as hosting unlisted videos, controlling embedding, and playback on mobile devices.
Chris Davis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center