Archiving full dvds into divx format... possible? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Distribution Center
PC or Mac, how to take your video to DVD or the Internet.

Old January 12th, 2011, 10:41 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Archiving full dvds into divx format... possible?

Hello all

I take there is no sub-forum aimed to archiving and storage methods, so sorry if this post doesn´t belong here. Feel free to move to where it belongs.

I´m turning 22 years in this bussiness next may, so I have a huge video archive consisting in lots of hard disks full of my client´s events dvds in .iso format.

Does anyone knows if there is a way to compress them while keeping the original dvd structure? (menus, chapters etc) I´ve read somewhere that divx last incarnation does it, but their webpage info is not clear to me. What I intend is to keep the files as the original dvd, while regaining some hd space.

If anyone knows if this works or have any other solution to manage

Thanks in advance

Alex
Alex Pineyro is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center