Question about MPEG encoders at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Distribution Center
PC or Mac, how to take your video to DVD or the Internet.

Old August 8th, 2005, 03:53 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Question about MPEG encoders

In Premiere you need to activate your mpeg encoder before they let you use it. For some reason I can't do this, so I was wondering if there was a way around using the Adobe encoder. Does Encore require you to activate its encoder before you use it? Can I export out of PP to another mpeg encoder and do it that way?
Jesse Parsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2005, 04:05 PM   #2
Regular Crew

What I think its asking for is "Product Activation" Most apps will give you the full functioning app for a limited time, and then require you to activate the product or a product feature before you can use it. Try registering and then "activate" your copy, this should fix the issue. Unless you are trying to use a feature that requires an additional purchase. However Premier to my knowledge has not required any special up-grade activations, plug-ins yes but to use the encoder no.
Old August 8th, 2005, 04:54 PM   #3
Regular Crew

No, it's not the activation when you install the program. I did that, and have been using it for close to a year now. It's just when I go to file-export-export to dvd, this pop up appears and asks for me to activate my Adobe MPEG encoder. Even when I go the Adobe media encoder it will grey out the "ok" button when I am trying to export to anything other than Quicktime, windows media, or realmedia.
Old August 8th, 2005, 05:32 PM   #4
Wrangler

The Adobe Media Encoder is an applet that is shared between PPro and Encore (not at my editing box right now, but I think AE can access it, too). You have to obtain a separate activation number for it via internet or phone from Adobe. I don't know for sure, but this probably is done because of 3rd party licensing arrangements (MainConcept?).

Norton upgrades and a hard drive upgrade have caused me to do the internet activation several times without any problem at all. Just took literally a few seconds. Did you not get a prompt that allowed you to activate via internet, or give you a phone number to call?
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2005, 07:39 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I get the pop up, but for certain reasons I am unable to register it using traditional methods. I am wondering if anyone knew of any untraditional methods of getting it to work.
Old August 8th, 2005, 10:25 PM   #6
Regular Crew

There are ways into the sys file that can be cracked, however I would strongly recomend just calling Adobe or sending an e-mail to activate.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center