DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Distribution Center (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/distribution-center/)
-   -   Youtube 15 min time limitation (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/distribution-center/490628-youtube-15-min-time-limitation.html)

Jeff Troiano January 24th, 2011 09:40 AM

Youtube 15 min time limitation

I'm collaborating, on an edit, with someone who is on location, in another country. I was wanting to upload rough edits, for private viewing, onto youtube. I guess I can cut up into smaller segments, but was wondering how to go about getting my account allowed to upload more then 15min segments? I've looked, and I guess I'm just missing something, but I can't seem to find any info on their site. Or is there some better alternative that someone might suggest?

Thanks for the info,
Jeff

Buba Kastorski January 24th, 2011 09:57 AM

it is not time, but the file size linit, I think it is 2Gb for youtube, you can check it online,
also vimeo and exposureroom are good sites to share video projects.

Andrew Smith January 25th, 2011 10:22 AM

Spend $60 and get a 'plus' account on Vimeo. You won't regret the quality.

Andrew

Lorinda Norton January 25th, 2011 10:36 PM

I never saw a way to upload more than 15 minutes on YouTube, either. But earlier this month when I logged in to upload there was a notice saying my account had been enabled for more than 15 minutes. Number of uploads, perhaps?

If all you are doing is viewing rough edits I see nothing wrong with a free Vimeo account. You do have to wait longer for it to be processed.

Andrew Smith January 26th, 2011 03:54 AM

If you think about it, the $60 is chicken feed in the big scheme of things.

I had seen a YouTube blog about the time limit being extended, but this is for select users only at this stage. Later on it will be rolled out to everybody else.

Andrew

Bruce Phung March 12th, 2011 03:45 PM

Re: Youtube 15 min time limitation

I just uploaded over 15 minutes video on Youtube that were 1.05 gb. Maximum is 2 gigs, I am guessing that would means closer to 30 minutes allowance?

Christopher Lefchik April 13th, 2011 02:58 PM

YouTube is selectively lifting the 15 minute limitation based on compliance with user guidelines and copyright terms: YouTube Blog: Up, Up and Away - Long videos for more users

Andrew Smith April 13th, 2011 03:11 PM

I wonder if there is a "world record" for the length of video successfully uploaded to YouTube? I mean ... how unlimited is "unlimited"? :-P

Andrew

Evan Bourcier June 21st, 2012 01:59 PM

I think that it's based on general use/interaction with your account. As my account got over the first couple thousand views they started adding things like over 15 minute uploads, processing priority, and eventually a partner account which allowed monetization. I never did anything special, it seemed directly tied to how "important" my account was.