Vimeo plus for embedding wedding demo's? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Distribution Center
PC or Mac, how to take your video to DVD or the Internet.

Old September 7th, 2012, 10:52 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Vimeo plus for embedding wedding demo's?

I have to decide very soon if I am going to switch from my videopress hosting to Vimeo, I only want to use Vimeo as a hosting solution for my wedding demo's and then embed those on my website, so I don't want to use Vimeo for anything else. The reason why I am looking for another solution is that videopress is too limited for my use and it's not up to today's standards, like the possibility to resize dynamically based on browser size or also in functionality as you have little control and a awefull preview image quality, the quality of the encoded video is fine however.

Anyways, I have contacted Vimeo with my question but it has been days and no answer yet so I thought I ask here for experiences; are there any users that use Vimeo plus instead of Vimeo pro for embed purposes on their own website only? It's not very clear on the Vimeo website if that is allowed as a "business", they do refer you to the "pro" account if you are a business but I can't find any statement that a "plus" account is not allowed as a business.

The pro account has a limited number of plays while the plus account there is no mention of that, the pro account allows you to store max 50gb of original files while the plus account allows 5gb/week (so that's over 250gb a year?), am I the only one that sees the plus account as a better deal considering it's 1/3th of the price, you get more storage space and an unlimited number of plays, I"m sure it's too good to be true but I can't find any other info stating otherwise?
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 03:00 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Vimeo plus for embedding wedding demo's?

Hi I use vimeo plus for hosting my wedding demos after exposure room finnished.
Ive certainly not had any problems so far. The quality is far better than youtube
and ive seen plenty of other wedding sites using vimeo plus.
Cheers
John
Old September 8th, 2012, 11:41 PM   #3
Major Player

Not sure if wedding demo's are permitted for a plus account, but the relevant guidelines are on this page (particularly on paragraph 2) :
Vimeo Guidelines
Jon Shohet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2012, 12:57 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Thx for the answers, yesterday I got an answer from Vimeo, it is allowed to use wedding demo's in the plus account as it falls within their commercial exceptions.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2012, 07:04 AM   #5
Major Player

Thats a relief then..

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center