DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Distribution Center (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/distribution-center/)
-   -   recommended DVD duplication services (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/distribution-center/515357-recommended-dvd-duplication-services.html)

Robert Bobson March 27th, 2013 08:19 AM

recommended DVD duplication services

Discmaster seems to be the best known, but can you recommend any other company that you've used that you're happy with?

I've read some terrible reviews about other companies - where EVERYTHING is HORRIBLE - but they sound so bad that I'm guessing the reviewers are just "flamers"

anyone used nationwide? quickturn?

thanks

Mark Williams March 27th, 2013 08:30 AM

Re: recommended DVD duplication services

I use discmakers.com. They have an online duplication design software which works well and some of the lowest prices around. I have been a customer since 2005 and had thousands of duplicated and replicated discs made by them. I normally have them do retail projects which includes disc printing, case, case jacket printing, bar code, shrink wrap and assembly. Where things start to get expensive is if you have them do design, authoring and mastering. If you provide your own DVD master you can save a bundle.

Jeff Pulera March 27th, 2013 08:40 AM

Hi Robert,

I've had a couple of runs done recently at Kunaki -- CD/DVD manufacturing and publishing service, at a flat rate of $1.75 per DVD including color disc print, color case insert, and shrink wrap.

There is no customer service really - the whole premise is that it is self-service and fully automated. You upload the DVD and your graphics (which you can preview to verify proper finished look) and place the order online.

Projects are stored for a period of time if you need to do a re-order. They can also set up some type of storefront for your customers to order direct. Also do fulfillment if you supply a spreadsheet of customers to them.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Robert Bobson March 27th, 2013 02:00 PM

We're thinking of going with Nationwide Disc in Texas. anyone have an opinion on them - good or bad?

Eric Stemen March 29th, 2013 07:38 AM

I've used DVD Copycat out of San Francisco a few times in the past. Really good customer service and I think great pricing.
Online quote link:
DVD Copycat’s Instant Online Quoter

Robert Bobson March 29th, 2013 07:44 AM

I checked out Copycat, and they looked pretty good, but they don't do printed inserts. :(

Jeff Pulera March 29th, 2013 09:01 AM

Kunaki does offer a color printed insert card inside the case at the same price. I'd not needed that option, but is included in the price. I just did the standard sleeve insert on outside of case.

Thanks

Robert Bobson April 1st, 2013 06:21 AM

Has anyone used New Cyberian Systems, Inc. for DVD replication?