DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Distribution Center (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/distribution-center/)
-   -   Videoguys Guide to External Pioneer Blu-ray Burners for PC & Mac (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/distribution-center/522554-videoguys-guide-external-pioneer-blu-ray-burners-pc-mac.html)

Gary Bettan April 2nd, 2014 06:41 PM

Videoguys Guide to External Pioneer Blu-ray Burners for PC & Mac

New External Pioneer Blu-ray Disc Burners for PC & Mac Available now at Videoguys.com

Over the past year the Pioneer product line-up has grown and evolved. Now, in addition to internal Blu-ray drives, Pioneer also offers a complete line-up of external drives with different features and form factors.

While some of these drives ship with Cyberlink software, we don't recommend it for anything more than basic burning. If you are looking for a stand-alone Blu-ray Disc burning and authoring tool, we recommend Roxio Creator NXT (for Windows) and Roxio Toast (for Mac).

If you are looking for Blu-ray Disc authoring software to make movies that you can play on any Blu-ray Disc player; and a low cost, easy to use but powerful PC based video editing solution; we recommend Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum.

But, if your goal is to author professional quality, high-definition Blu-ray Disc movies, we recommend using the software integrated or bundled with our professional video editing products like:

Adobe Creative Cloud for Teams or Adobe Premiere Pro with Encore
Avid Media Composer with Avid DVD
Apple FCP with Compressor
Sony Vegas Pro with DVD Architect
Grass Valley Edius Pro
Introducing the Next Generation Pioneer External Blu-ray Disc Burners

I am excited to introduce Pioneer’s new line-up of external burners. I've become a big fan of external Blu-ray burners. Like most of us today, I have many computers at my disposal: home & office, PCs & Macs, desktops & laptops; so the external options give me the flexibility to move the burner to the machine where I need it. This saves me a lot of money since I do not need a burner for every computer. It also allows me to invest in the best optical drive that I can even use on machines like my Mac Book Air which doesn't have a built-in drive at all. The Pioneer drives all support Blu-ray, DVDs & CDs so I can use it as the only optical drive with every machine I own and/or use.

All of the Pioneer external drives are USB 3.0 and can be bus powered. They are also all backwards compatible to support all DVD and CD media as well as being able to read and write to the latest Blu-ray Disc formats. These Pioneer burners can write up to 6x on BD-R and BD-R dual-layer (DL) media. One BD-R DL disc can hold 50GB of data, that's equal to 10 single layer DVDs! The drives can also write up to 4x on BD-R triple-layer (TL) and quad-layer (QL) media. While the 100GB Triple-Layer & 128GB Quad-Layer blank discs are still pretty expensive, we're offering a ten pack of 50GB (DL) media for $79.95, that's under $8 per blank!

Pioneer also includes powerful features found only in Pioneer Blu-ray burners such as PowerRead™, Auto Quiet mode, and PureRead2+. PowerRead can provide smoother movie playback when a disc has fingerprints or minor surface scratches. Auto Quiet mode intelligently adjusts the disc rotation speed to reduce noise (useful while watching movies or listening to music), and PureRead4 automatically adjusts the drive parameters to minimize sound glitches during music playback. Auto Quiet mode and PureRead can be configured as well as enabled and disabled with the Pioneer Drive Utility.

For each external burner Videoguys.com has also put together special Archiving bundles with DigiStor REWIND software for PC & Mac for archiving your digital videos, photos, multimedia, music & more!

The Archiving bundles combine Rewind with the Pioneer Blu-ray Disc burner to give you everything you need to back up your work, your memories, and your digital life to high-capacity, long-term reliable and secure Blu-ray discs. The Blu-ray Disc archive disc you create with Rewind contains a copy of the software you need to later restore to and from any combination of PC, Mac, desktop or laptop.

Below each of the Pioneer burners in the following chart you will also see the Archiving Bundle price. These Archiving bundles all include the Pioneer burner of your choice along with the Digistor REWIND archiving software for PC or Mac.

read the full article here Videoguys Blog - Videoguys Guide to External Pioneer Blu-ray Burners for PC & Mac

Gary