MPEG2 Editor at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Distribution Center
PC or Mac, how to take your video to DVD or the Internet.

Old November 29th, 2005, 04:28 AM   #1
Regular Crew

MPEG2 Editor

I need to lay a small watermark(with fades) at only about 3% of every DVD i make for my client.

it doesnt make sense for me to re-export from FCP and encode for every DVD i make.

so i'm thinking: is there an MPEG2 editor that allows me to lay that tiny bit and for export, maintains quality of my mpeg2 source where the picture isnt altered?
John Chia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2005, 06:00 PM   #2
Trustee

if you are talking about putting something like a semi-transparent logo in a corner of the video picture, it has to be done as part of the original edit, before being exported to mpeg2... i don't know of any mpeg editor that will allow you to re-compress just part of the video frame.
Dan Euritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2005, 01:09 PM   #3
Major Player

John,
You might be able to achieve this with subtitles. I use DVD Studio Pro, and that allows images as subtitles. You'll just have to force the default subtitle stream on for the track that needs the watermark. I don't know about fades - I've never had a need for that with the watermark. I imagine that if you use FCP, you author DVDs with DVDSP so check that feature out in the manual.
Zach Mull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 09:48 AM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach Mull
John,
You might be able to achieve this with subtitles. I use DVD Studio Pro, and that allows images as subtitles. You'll just have to force the default subtitle stream on for the track that needs the watermark. I don't know about fades - I've never had a need for that with the watermark. I imagine that if you use FCP, you author DVDs with DVDSP so check that feature out in the manual.
If he is looking to use the watermark to protect the DVD, I'm not sure that using a subtitle stream would be optimal. Someone could just rip the video track from the DVD without the subtitle stream.
Christopher Lefchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2005, 07:26 PM   #5
New Boot

A good MPG editor - Ulead Media Studio Pro. Try the demo...it might be all that you need.

Ted
Theo Mason is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center