Tiger at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Distribution Center
PC or Mac, how to take your video to DVD or the Internet.

Old February 23rd, 2006, 12:29 AM   #1
Major Player

Tiger

Everything was going fine and then... I upgraded to TIGER. Now my IDVD3.0 doesn't work. I will burn my disc and the program will go through the motions, encode, etc. But, when it comes time to burn the program stops.
G. Lee Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2006, 06:55 AM   #2
Inner Circle

I had the same problem with iDVD 4. Very unreliable burns. I upgraded to 5 and that solved the problem. There are many new features in iDVD that you will appreciate. It is well worth the upgrade. Especially since you will be going from version 3 to 6. The other apps in iLife like iMovie are also improved in ways you will appreciate.
Les Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2006, 08:01 AM   #3
Wrangler

I don't use iDVD, but it sounds like Ernest is giving you good advice. If you're determined to get version 3 to work under Tiger however, then the place to go would be Apple's tech support forum here: http://discussions.apple.com/forum.jspa?forumID=893
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2006, 07:05 PM   #4
Major Player

When I burn with iDVD it is very unreliable so I just save it as a disk image and burn it with Toast. This happened with ver 4 and 5 in Panther and Tiger.
Old February 23rd, 2006, 10:00 PM   #5
Major Player

Workflow

Nathan, What is the workflow for doing that?
G. Lee Gordon is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center