Cinema Craft - how is it possible? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Distribution Center
PC or Mac, how to take your video to DVD or the Internet.

Old May 27th, 2006, 03:14 PM   #1
Major Player

Cinema Craft - how is it possible?

Just tested Cinema Craft SP trial MPEG encoder. It produced a beautiful MPEG2/DVD file in 25% of the time the other encoders did. How is that possible? I mean, if it was lets say 20% faster I could feel "ok, they have smart programmers", but 400% faster - that is something else. Big pain in the butt though - when you see the price tag!

// Lazze
Lars Siden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2006, 03:26 PM   #2
Kino-Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Siden
Just tested Cinema Craft SP trial MPEG encoder. It produced a beautiful MPEG2/DVD file in 25% of the time the other encoders did. How is that possible? [...] Big pain in the butt though - when you see the price tag!
I guess $1,950 goes towards paying for some really good programmers that have been able to optimize the code for performance. MPEG encoders are part science, and part art.
Old May 27th, 2006, 03:55 PM   #3
Regular Crew

They also have a $58 version that I am using quite happily and it is extremely fast as well.
Old May 28th, 2006, 03:22 AM   #4
Major Player

Aanarav,

If I say thank u a 1000 times - it is still not enough! I had totally missed the "basic" version. As far as I can see it does what I need. That is AVI -> Mpeg2 DVD/Pal? 1 pass VBR feels OK after seeing the quality it produces!

// Lazze
Lars Siden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2006, 09:02 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Lars,
Glad to help out. I found out about CCE only a few months ago and purchased it within 24 hours. Works better than anything I have used.
Old May 30th, 2006, 01:53 PM   #6
Major Player

I've actually bought it now, even after my MPEG2 test(see other thread in this forum). For me, speed can be essential - and I belive that I can tweak the profile to generate smaller files with decent quality.

58 USD feels like a bargin - right now it happily crunches a 21gb AVI file at 3.2x realtime, with scenalyzer running at the same time doing some analogue capture :-)

// Lazze
Lars Siden is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center