cell phone video distribution at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Distribution Center
PC or Mac, how to take your video to DVD or the Internet.

Old September 18th, 2006, 12:36 PM   #1
Regular Crew

cell phone video distribution

What format(s) is the best for playing videos on a cell phone? How would I put a link on a website that cell phone users could click on. Is there a special html format for cell phones to view websites? Thanks, Dan.
Dan Gonzales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2006, 07:46 PM   #2
Major Player

I don't know what your motive is for putting video on phones, but from the little I know about cellphones, is that you're in for a LONG and PAINFUL process...mainly because you have manufactures which will hinder intercompatibility, and service providers, which may or may not support the ability to download videos that don't come directly from their service...

I'd probably contact verizon, cingular, and sprint and see if they would be willing to offer your videos through their services...but I doubt they will

GOOD LUCK!!! Let us know what you find out!
Noah Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2006, 07:31 AM   #3
Major Player

Cellphones/portable devices (PDAs) etc seem to be going for mp4 compatability, but getting the videos to the handset "over the air" is going to differ per provider, country, handset etc... You could offer the video to download, and give links to various general guides on how to copy the video to the handset locally (from the pc).. unless you're trying to start a pay service like Jamster!/Jamba! etc?
James Connors is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center