30 Second Promo at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Distribution Center
PC or Mac, how to take your video to DVD or the Internet.

Old May 18th, 2007, 05:48 PM   #1
Regular Crew

30 Second Promo

Hello:

I've just finished making a 30 second television commercial advertising my wedding videography business. Please check it out and let me know what you think of it.

http://media.libsyn.com/media/silver...ding_Promo.m4v

Thanks.
Adam
Adam Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2007, 05:50 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Oops! I just realized that I had posted this to the wrong forum. Could somebody please move it to the Wedding and Event Videography forum??? Thanks!

Sorry about that.
Adam Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2007, 09:08 PM   #3
Major Player

Adam,

The videography looks pretty solid, but the first shot and a few others have blueish tint- not sure if that is intentional or a color temperature issue. If you C.C. those to match the rest and maybe make them all a little warmer it wouldn't hurt the overall feel.

Not sure about the choice of music or the graphics- they feel a little jarring, personally...the only thing I'd definitely recommend changing is the end title screen, that silver font doesn't hold up very well against that mottled blue texture- taxing designs like that are harder to take information from.

I'd make all your title screens more high contrast, and make your phone number a LOT more noticeable (especially if you aren't listing an easy-to-remember web address).

The best marketing is a good product or service, and it looks like you have that already...so if you're gonna spend $$ on TV airtime you may as well make sure the spot results in some calls.
Old May 19th, 2007, 04:10 AM   #4
Trustee

I liked it, but I would recommend a more understated logo.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center