DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Distribution Center (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/distribution-center/)
-   -   XBOX 360 Delivery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/distribution-center/95494-xbox-360-delivery.html)

Steve Young May 31st, 2007 12:48 PM

XBOX 360 Delivery

Ok, a strange one perhaps but I hear that there are a few HD rips doing the rounds that have been put straight onto a dual layer DVD-R and work on a regular XBox 360 with no added HD/Blue ray drive!

Im not interested in watching pirated movies but I am interested in finding out if I can render of a HDV movie file onto a regualr DVD-R and watch some of my HD edits on the 360 - so has anyone done this and what would be the best settings to encode as to achieve this?

Thanks

Jack Zhang May 31st, 2007 05:03 PM

Encode in WMV. That's how you can play HD via disc using the 360.

Steve Young June 22nd, 2007 02:52 AM

Im keen to get this working but havent had any success yet.

Im working in Premier using Aspect HD and have Sorenson Squeeze - I want to burn off a preview for my client in HDV that I can burn to a standard dual layer DVD-R so that it plays in the Xbox 360 - anyone done this and can recommended encoding settings for me?

Cheers

Steve

Tony Neal June 22nd, 2007 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Zhang (Post 689931)
Encode in WMV. That's how you can play HD via disc using the 360.

I tried this once - worked very well on a 1080i display, but the Xbox played it as 4:3 instead of 16:9 and had to use stretch modes on the monitor to correct it, but it never looked right. Any ideas ?

Steve Young June 22nd, 2007 04:27 AM

when you guys say WMV what setting? In Sorenson there are tons of different options - can anyone post exactly what setting they used?

Steve Young December 8th, 2007 09:51 AM

Does anybody out there reguarly do this? Would still love to know the process from Premier Pro using Aspect HD - this settings to export a file that plays HD content on an XBOX 360

Appreciate it if anyone can help

James Strange April 1st, 2009 06:15 AM

Been quite a while, but I'm wondering if anyone has any toughts on this?

I've had 'some' success in using adobe premiere pro cs3's media encoder to creat a wmv(HD) file, just a 4 min clip via a usb stick, 1080/50i, the quality is great, but there is noticable 'motion judder' when panning, anyone have any thoughts or special recipies for settings?

Thanks

James

James Strange June 1st, 2009 07:03 PM

hey guys, not sure if anyones still following this thread (i am, as I have an xbox360 but noe bluray burner as of yet)

I'm still playing about with the settings of exporting a wmv hd file from cs3 adobe media encoder, i've found that alot has to do with your individual xbox settings (720p, 1080p, 1080i etc etc...)

I also found this web page

Xbox Team : December 2007 Video Playback FAQ

that lists not only the compatible file types for xbox, but also max bit rates etc....

In addition to this, it was just unveiled that in the fall update from xbox, they will be offering full 1080p movies to download, so maybe there'l be some updates to the xboxs video player in general.

Cheers

James

Aric Mannion June 8th, 2009 03:02 PM

I've had no trouble playing back quicktime h264 (.mov) videos -which are the easiest to make on my end! The PS3 on the other hand I have spent weeks trying to encode for and finally completely gave up -It's much more limiting, and I don't use it as a digital media player at all.