XBOX 360 Delivery at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center

Distribution Center
PC or Mac, how to take your video to DVD or the Internet.

Old May 31st, 2007, 12:48 PM   #1
Regular Crew

XBOX 360 Delivery

Ok, a strange one perhaps but I hear that there are a few HD rips doing the rounds that have been put straight onto a dual layer DVD-R and work on a regular XBox 360 with no added HD/Blue ray drive!

Im not interested in watching pirated movies but I am interested in finding out if I can render of a HDV movie file onto a regualr DVD-R and watch some of my HD edits on the 360 - so has anyone done this and what would be the best settings to encode as to achieve this?

Thanks
Steve Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2007, 05:03 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Encode in WMV. That's how you can play HD via disc using the 360.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2007, 02:52 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Im keen to get this working but havent had any success yet.

Im working in Premier using Aspect HD and have Sorenson Squeeze - I want to burn off a preview for my client in HDV that I can burn to a standard dual layer DVD-R so that it plays in the Xbox 360 - anyone done this and can recommended encoding settings for me?

Cheers

Steve
Old June 22nd, 2007, 03:35 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Zhang View Post
Encode in WMV. That's how you can play HD via disc using the 360.
I tried this once - worked very well on a 1080i display, but the Xbox played it as 4:3 instead of 16:9 and had to use stretch modes on the monitor to correct it, but it never looked right. Any ideas ?
Tony Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2007, 04:27 AM   #5
Regular Crew

when you guys say WMV what setting? In Sorenson there are tons of different options - can anyone post exactly what setting they used?
Old December 8th, 2007, 09:51 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Does anybody out there reguarly do this? Would still love to know the process from Premier Pro using Aspect HD - this settings to export a file that plays HD content on an XBOX 360

Appreciate it if anyone can help
Old April 1st, 2009, 06:15 AM   #7
Major Player

Been quite a while, but I'm wondering if anyone has any toughts on this?

I've had 'some' success in using adobe premiere pro cs3's media encoder to creat a wmv(HD) file, just a 4 min clip via a usb stick, 1080/50i, the quality is great, but there is noticable 'motion judder' when panning, anyone have any thoughts or special recipies for settings?

Thanks

James
James Strange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2009, 07:03 PM   #8
Major Player

hey guys, not sure if anyones still following this thread (i am, as I have an xbox360 but noe bluray burner as of yet)

I'm still playing about with the settings of exporting a wmv hd file from cs3 adobe media encoder, i've found that alot has to do with your individual xbox settings (720p, 1080p, 1080i etc etc...)

I also found this web page

Xbox Team : December 2007 Video Playback FAQ

that lists not only the compatible file types for xbox, but also max bit rates etc....

In addition to this, it was just unveiled that in the fall update from xbox, they will be offering full 1080p movies to download, so maybe there'l be some updates to the xboxs video player in general.

Cheers

James
James Strange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2009, 03:02 PM   #9
Major Player

I've had no trouble playing back quicktime h264 (.mov) videos -which are the easiest to make on my end! The PS3 on the other hand I have spent weeks trying to encode for and finally completely gave up -It's much more limiting, and I don't use it as a digital media player at all.
Aric Mannion is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center