DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   divergent media ScopeBox and ClipWrap (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/divergent-media-scopebox-clipwrap/)
-   -   HELP-No video only audio converting files (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/divergent-media-scopebox-clipwrap/467452-help-no-video-only-audio-converting-files.html)

Michael Liebergot November 10th, 2009 12:12 PM

HELP-No video only audio converting files

I have the most recent version of ClipWrap installed and am running FCS3 (FCP 7.0.1) with all current updates on OSX Leopard 10.5.8.

When I try to re-encode my .M2T files to either ProRes422, ProResHQ, or AIC, I get no video showing up, but only audio.

Converting the footage to DV or DVCPROHD works fine.

What might be the problem and how can I fix?

Mike Woodworth November 10th, 2009 12:17 PM

Michael,

The same clip works when you transcode to DV or DVCproHD, but not the other codecs? What about simple rewraps?

mike

Michael Liebergot November 10th, 2009 12:29 PM

Rewraps work fine as well.

I was just doing some testing and viewing of some footage at work.

I am having trouble using Log and Transfer (with the Sony Plugin) with the M2T files on my computer, keep getting an error. So I wanted to see if I could transcode to other codecs using ClipWrap.

And like I said, re-wrapping, converting to DV or DVCPROHD works fine. But converting to AIC, ProREs422 or ProResHQ fail to produce video, only audio. BTW the screen is green with the ProRes clips and black with the AIC clips.

Speaking of converting files and ProRes.
Are there any plans to offer the new ProResLT or ProRes Proxy codecs for conversion.
I am mainly interested in the ProReslT codec. This was the reason that I was trying to capture in FCP using Log and Transfer.

Mike Woodworth November 10th, 2009 12:33 PM

Is FCS installed on the playback machine?

If so it sounds like a codec problem... I'd recommend removing those codecs from your machine (they're in one of the Library/QuickTime directories and reinstalling either FCS or the qmaster node from the same DVD to see if that clears things up.)

Michael Liebergot November 10th, 2009 12:43 PM

Yep this is the same computer that is for editing and has the most current updates to FCP loaded.
I know how to remove the codecs, but am unsure about reinstalling the codecs or Qmaster node again.

How do I go about this using the disks, is there a repair option on the disks?

Mike Woodworth November 10th, 2009 02:11 PM

I don't know exactly, but you should be able to just remove the codecs and install Qmaster node under additional installs... check if it has a customize option, but otherwise it should just install the codecs and a few other small bits.

mike

Michael Liebergot November 10th, 2009 06:22 PM

Mike BTW, I just got home and checked my older version of ClipWrap on my computers and I can convert .M2T files to ProRes and AIC with no problems. I have picture and audio.

However, as soon as I update ClipWrap to the new 2.0 version I get no picture and only audio.
So it seems to be something with the new install and finding certain codecs.

Mike Woodworth November 10th, 2009 06:24 PM

Michael,

Is this on the same machine, or a different one?

-mike

Michael Liebergot November 10th, 2009 08:00 PM

This was on another machine.
I have ClipWrap installed on 3 machines (one at daytime job) and two at home in the office on a MacPro and MacbookPro.

All systems are running the same FCS3 installs and updates, and also running OSX 10.5.8 Leopard.

When I contacted you earlier today I was at my daytime job and had just updated ClipWrap.

My last post was when I got home and tested M2T files with the old version of ClipWrap (as I hadn't updated this system yet), and all conversions worked fine.

After I installed the update to the new ClipWrap, conversions to ProRes and AIC produced the same no video and only audio.

Any ideas?

Mike Woodworth November 10th, 2009 08:32 PM

Michael,

You found yourself a full blown bug -- can you email me offlist, I want to give you a test build to see if I've fixed things.

mike
--
Mike Woodworth
mike@divergentmedia.com

Michael Liebergot November 11th, 2009 06:59 AM

email sent.
BTW the original 2.0.1 release was fine.
It seems the problem was in the 2.0.2 release.