DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   divergent media ScopeBox and ClipWrap (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/divergent-media-scopebox-clipwrap/)
-   -   Re-Wrap Hangs - Suggestions? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/divergent-media-scopebox-clipwrap/467616-re-wrap-hangs-suggestions.html)

Neil Rostance November 12th, 2009 12:10 PM

Re-Wrap Hangs - Suggestions?

Hey Everyone,

I wrote a post about how ClipWrap hangs when rewrapping a 50 minute M2T. I can't see how to delete it so i've changed the body of text instead.

Reason for edit is because i've realised it was due to hard disk running out of space. My re-wrapped QuickTime file was only 25% processed, yet already over 70gb. Should i be surprised at this?

I wonder if anyone can suggest to me ways of re-wrapping whole HDV tapes captured to M2T into a file size that is maneagable. I know ProRes would be an option but i would rather wrap instead of transcode?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Neil

Mike Woodworth November 12th, 2009 02:54 PM

Neil,

We've seen this happen a few times - it occurs when the audio stream is corrupted in some way. This in turn causes the audio codec to hang in a state where it tells us it still has remaining audio to decode, and continues to return bad audio samples until you kill the app. We've found no way to tell ahead of time what will cause the codec to do this, or to catch it while it's doing so.

If you send me a copy of the file I can take a look - each time we usually find a new form of corruption we can catch and work around... but unfortunately these bugs are such that theres no overarching fix we can apply that will solve this for the next case.

Email me directly and I can arrange to get the file from you.

mike
--
Mike Woodworth
mike@divergentmedia.com

Kyle Duba November 30th, 2009 09:24 AM

"error finishing movie."

I get an "error finishing movie" error on about half the files I'm trying to Re-Wrap. I'm using AVCHD .mts files coming from a canon Vixia HF100. The .mts files were parts of single 35-50 minute recordings which the camera broke up into three 2.05gb files and one smaller one.

My system is a 2009 Mac Pro, eight cores @ 2.26 ghz, 16gb RAM.
I saw one post on the forum about Perian causing some conflicts, and uninstalled it but that did not remedy the problem.

Any ideas?

Mike Woodworth November 30th, 2009 04:38 PM

Kyle,

You don'y say in your original post, but my guess is the first file in each "span" is converting properly, and the remaining clips are erroring?

-mike

Kyle Duba November 30th, 2009 05:54 PM

Sort of.

Yes, the first file from each span is fine in every instance. As to whether the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th files come out ok seems to be random. I've had cases where the 1st, 2nd, & 3rd (but not 4th) come out fine and cases where the 1st & 4th are ok (but not 2nd or 3rd). I've got instances of just about every other permutation of the scenario.