Video From Scopebox to PC at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > divergent media ScopeBox and ClipWrap
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

divergent media ScopeBox and ClipWrap
The official support forums for divergent media's ScopeBox (video monitoring and recorder) and ClipWrap (m2t to .mov re-wrap).

Old December 21st, 2009, 10:31 AM   #1
New Boot

Video From Scopebox to PC

hi..friends...
i got a .mov file from scopebox..for editing..but i could'nt able to view it in any of the software like premiere/after effects...i get only a white screen in the viewer..but some of the .mov are playing good in vlc..and others not..and all of them not working in sw's.
what kind of codec should i dl to get it work..
thanks in advance.
Karthik Veera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2009, 12:52 PM   #2
divergent media

Karthik,

That would depend on the codec used. ScopeBox will use the codec the camera is shooting. QuickTime Player (the older version 7 one) should tell you what video format it is if you go to Window> show Movie Inspector.

Otherwise, do you know what camera/ mode things were shot in?

mike
--
Mike Woodworth
mike@divergentmedia.com
Mike Woodworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 07:04 AM   #3
New Boot

the camera model is jvc pro hd gy111e..
i tried playin it in quicktime pro 7.5.5 for windows..but it cant play and going to apple codec download page..
is there any option for me to import in window's edit/comping application..???
Old December 22nd, 2009, 07:10 AM   #4
New Boot

Old December 22nd, 2009, 12:00 PM   #5
divergent media

That's an HDV camera, so we ScopeBox recorded a clip in apple's HDV codec... which they only ship with Final Cut Studio. The only HDV codec I know of on PC is by calibrated - check our support page for links. Otherwise, HDV is a subset of Mpeg2... if you know your way around tools like ffmpeg, you can probably retag the footage as mpg2 and windows apps will play it.

At worst, you may need to convert it on the mac first. Codecs like prores have free decompressors for windows.

mike
--
Mike Woodworth
mike@divergentmedia.com
Mike Woodworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 08:32 PM   #6
New Boot

thanks for guiding me..,
so i've needed to convert it in mac with ffmpeg..??
another thing i want to know is..ill be gettin the whole project for comping/coloring..
please tell me sir..what shall i do in mac with fcp or scopebox..to get the project which can be easily imported to my apps in windows..??
thanks in advance.
Karthik Veera is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > divergent media ScopeBox and ClipWrap