New ClipWrap user's questions and issues at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > divergent media ScopeBox and ClipWrap

divergent media ScopeBox and ClipWrap
The official support forums for divergent media's ScopeBox (video monitoring and recorder) and ClipWrap (m2t to .mov re-wrap).

Old January 28th, 2010, 08:39 PM   #1
Tourist

New ClipWrap user's questions and issues

I have ClipWrap 2.0.6, and the trial worked great! However, now that I purchased the full version, and I have some issues comments, don't know if anyone can help. I'm either not searching for the right thing, or the mighty search function is letting me down...

1) CW seems to be having trouble ingesting the full length files from my HMC-150. I've tried a few different ones with no luck, they are all 720p60. I will have to dig up some other resolution files to see if that has anything to do with it. This is the last bit I see in the log file:

1/28/10 9:06:21 AM ClipWrap[99038] creating 1280 x 720 track
1/28/10 9:06:21 AM ClipWrap[99038] creating video track with timescale 60000
1/28/10 9:06:21 AM ClipWrap[99038] setting firstVideooFrameDts: 302143905
1/28/10 9:15:08 AM ClipWrap[99038] writing video track of length 75171096 != 75170095 (-4004)
1/28/10 9:15:08 AM ClipWrap[99038] THIS FILE HAS NEGATIVE MEDIA START - WILL NOT PLAYBACK PROPERLY
1/28/10 9:15:08 AM ClipWrap[99038] video InsertMediaIntoTrack() failed (-2014)

2) I see that CW is supposed to be able to parse the BDMV structure to determine if the files need to be joined, but I don't see that happening. I have tried dragging the files onto the CW list, going through the open dialog, etc. I have to manually tell it to join the clips. I even tried dragging the BDMV folder structure, thinking it may need the folders, but still nada.

3a) Is there any way to rename the output file,
or
3b) Are there any automater / apple script hooks for CW?
Let me elaborate:
I take footage for a friends band, I end up with 3 cards worth of data during the night. I usually dump the card to my hd after a set, and then process the data later. I end up with a folder for Set 1, Set 2, etc. Problem is if I dump all the footage into CW, it seems to want to call all the clips 00000.mov, and it won't let me put them in sep dirs. That becomes an issue because then I need to monitor CW, I'd like to give it the data and let it run.

I love this app, just have a ton of questions, I'm hoping somebody out there can help. Thanks!
Michael Riegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2010, 12:55 PM   #2
Trustee

Quote:
2) I see that CW is supposed to be able to parse the BDMV structure to determine if the files need to be joined, but I don't see that happening. I have tried dragging the files onto the CW list, going through the open dialog, etc. I have to manually tell it to join the clips. I even tried dragging the BDMV folder structure, thinking it may need the folders, but still nada.
Michael I can help you with this one.
What you need to make sure is that all files that you want to be joined are named the same, but in numerical order, ex. videoclip1.mts,videoclip2.mts etc.
After doing this ClipWrap will identify and join all of the appropriate files.

I went through the same problem with my Sony MRC1K CF recorder, as it doesn't name the files in proper order, but instead gives them a kind of time stamp type naming structure.
Old February 4th, 2010, 02:34 PM   #3
divergent media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Riegel View Post
1) CW seems to be having trouble ingesting the full length files from my HMC-150.
We'd need to see the file to figure out exactly what's goign wrong here... you can contact me directly to arrange something.

Quote:
If you drag the BDVM folder into clipwrap, it should parse the appropriate playlist file and combine any spanned clips into runs. Is this not what you're seeing?

Quote:
3a) Is there any way to rename the output file,
or
3b) Are there any automater / apple script hooks for CW?
Unfortunately not at this time. The upcoming version has some hooks you might be bale to abuse for this... we can discuss this as well when you contact me directly.

-mike
mike (at) divergentmedia (dot) com
Mike Woodworth is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > divergent media ScopeBox and ClipWrap