clipwrap day one at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > divergent media ScopeBox and ClipWrap
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

divergent media ScopeBox and ClipWrap
The official support forums for divergent media's ScopeBox (video monitoring and recorder) and ClipWrap (m2t to .mov re-wrap).

Old September 21st, 2010, 03:53 PM   #1
New Boot

clipwrap day one

Hi all-
I've just bought a Sony HXR MC50E, which uses AVCHD format. My NLE is a Macbook, FCP 6.6
I have downloaded clip wrap, but have no idea what to do next! I can't find a tutorial for this software. When I open the programme, I just have the opening screen which doesn't "see" any of the files from the camera (which is connected to the Mac via the USB cable)...

is there a step by step guide out there, or is the problem that my camera is simply not supported so what is usually obvious is not coming up on my screen?

also, I need to eventually put out to tape for broadcast, 1920x1080i HD - what would be the best codec to put out to given my limited system.
cheers

Last edited by Wendy Andersen; September 21st, 2010 at 03:57 PM. Reason: typos
Wendy Andersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2010, 03:59 PM   #2
Sponsor: divergent media

Hey Wendy - If you shoot an email to our support address (dmsupport@divergentmedia.com) I can send some training docs.

Once you've got ClipWrap open, you can either drag media from finder into the clipwrap window, or you can click the "plus" in the clipwrap window and point it at your media. We don't automatically look for your camera.

For FCP, we'd recommend using the "Apple Intermediate" codec, as it's a nice balance of size and quality.

-Colin
Colin McFadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2010, 04:18 AM   #3
New Boot

thanks for that Colin, I did actually work out eventually that i needed to drop the files in the box. using the AIC codec, I'm getting a lot of distortion (jagged edges when content is dynamic/moving about) or during zooming in/out.
this seems to be in the higher res codecs as well, dvcpro HD and prores. any advice?
cheers,wendy
Wendy Andersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2010, 08:22 AM   #4
Sponsor: divergent media

It sounds like your content is interlaced. It's possible your Final Cut Pro timeline isn't set to interlaced. You can right click on the sequence in FCP, choose settings, and then change the field dominance to upper or lower (one will look right, one won't).

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > divergent media ScopeBox and ClipWrap