What capture card? at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > divergent media ScopeBox and ClipWrap

divergent media ScopeBox and ClipWrap
The official support forums for divergent media's ScopeBox (video monitoring and recorder) and ClipWrap (m2t to .mov re-wrap).

Old August 10th, 2012, 11:47 PM   #1
New Boot
What capture card?

Ok, so I've finally realized the importance of a good video scope so how does one get the signal from camera into computer - I assume a capture card is needed. Any suggestions for a budget card for a mac book air with Mountain Lion. One of those fancy thunderbolt cards from BM perhaps?

I plan to use a GH2 and HMC40 with the scope, HDMI out it not the full signal so will I be able to accurately use the scope. Realized today that my little GH2 display is showing the image much brighter than it actually is so a scope would be nice even thought the GH2 has a rudimentary one.
Richard Jacana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 06:30 AM   #2
Sponsor: divergent media
Re: What capture card?

It's hard to go wrong with the blackmagic thunderbolt boxes. Even their least expensive option will do hdmi, so your only decision would be whether you want to do any "future proofing" by buying a more capable box now - if you think you'll want to do hdsdi in the future for example.

Divergent Media Support
Colin McFadden is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > divergent media ScopeBox and ClipWrap