DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   divergent media ScopeBox and ClipWrap (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/divergent-media-scopebox-clipwrap/)
-   -   Spanned Clips and Mountain Lion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/divergent-media-scopebox-clipwrap/511609-spanned-clips-mountain-lion.html)

Eric Whitehead October 23rd, 2012 09:26 AM

Spanned Clips and Mountain Lion

Hi All,

I've been using ClipWrap for about a year now, ever since I bought my Sony FS100, and have been very satisfied with the transcoding and rewrapping. However, I've come up against an issue that has developed somewhere between upgrading to Mountain Lion and updating to the newest builds of CW. Before, when I loaded the AVCHD files into CW, it would automatically recognize the spanned clips and join them without me having to do anything. But over the last month or so (which is about when I upgraded to Mountain Lion), I've been having to manually join the clips after I import them into CW. It wasn't a huge deal at the beginning, but now I'm editing a documentary which uses many spanned clips and I'm having to open up each file and make sure that there are no clips that need to be joined. I'm just starting the transcoding process on the docu and can see this as becoming a huge time-suck. Any thoughts on settings in Mountain Lion or CW that will allow CW to automatically recognize the spanned clips again?

Here's my build info:

MBP Late 2010 OS X 10.8.2
2.6 GHz Core i7
8 GB RAM
ClipWrap 2.5.8
Editing in FCP7

Using AVCHD files from Sony FS100

Thanks in advance!

Eric

Colin McFadden October 23rd, 2012 09:30 AM

Re: Spanned Clips and Mountain Lion

When you're working with ClipWrap, are you adding the root folder (it shows up as a bundle on mountain lion) to ClipWrap, or are you adding individual MTS files?

Try dragging in that root bundle (named PRIVATE or AVCHD) to the ClipWrap window and see if it finds the spans.

Otherwise, contact us directly (support@divergentmedia.com) and we can see about getting a sample disk image from you - I haven't seen any general issues with spans on Mountain Lion.

-Colin

Eric Whitehead October 23rd, 2012 09:36 AM

Thanks for the quick response, Colin.

Yes, I am selecting the root folder as always. I'll shoot you an email and post a solution here if/when when we get it sorted.

Thanks!

Eric

Drew Wallner October 23rd, 2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin McFadden (Post 1760166)
I haven't seen any general issues with spans on Mountain Lion.

Colin, you may want to update the CW FAQ on the web site as well...I've been on the fence about buying CW for a while now because the FAQ clearly states that spanning is only supported with M2TS files from hard drive recorders. I had no idea CW supported spanning for AVCHD (and never tried it with the trial version, since it only goes briefly into the front of each clip). The fact that CW supports spanning in AVCHD is huge news to me, and anyone else who's reading your FAQ. :)

Colin McFadden October 23rd, 2012 09:18 PM

Thanks for taking the time to point that out Drew, sometimes we look at our own stuff so often, we project the "actual" meaning onto text that says something completely different!

-Colin