DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   divergent media ScopeBox and ClipWrap (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/divergent-media-scopebox-clipwrap/)
-   -   Clipwrap: mov001.tod => mov001[Multipart Clip(8 files)] (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/divergent-media-scopebox-clipwrap/512128-clipwrap-mov001-tod-mov001-multipart-clip-8-files.html)

John Nantz November 15th, 2012 06:27 PM

Clipwrap: mov001.tod => mov001[Multipart Clip(8 files)]

This is the first time it has ever happened. I've got 8 clips: mov001.tod through mov008.tod and I copied them into the Clipwrap window/frame/(what ever) to convert them to mov files. When this was done they were apparently rolled up into one file.

If I transfer the other files, mov003, mov004, etc., there is no problem. It appears to only be a problem with mov001 where I get everything in one file.

mov001.tod (in Finder) => mov001[Multipart Clip (8 files)] (in Clipwrap)

There are lots of problems with this:
1. I didn't request the files be combined into one file.
2. Checked Preferences and there was no setting to not make this happen.
3. "multipart" is not a term that is found in "Help" even though it shows up on the Clipwrap screen; hence, no Help was available.
4. This was about a 2 to 2.5 hour long program and to have all the clips placed in one file creates a HUGE file.
5. I don't want all the clips rolled up into one file because it really makes it MUCH harder to edit.

The search function on the Clipwrap site does not find anything for "multipart."
I couldn't find anything in the "board" section where anyone talked about "multipart."

As if this isn't enough, my email has changed since I bought Clipwrap and I couldn't sent an email for assistance because I didn't have my password handy.

Does anybody have any Idea how to workaround the "multipart" file(s) problem?

Colin McFadden November 15th, 2012 06:36 PM

Re: Clipwrap: mov001.tod => mov001[Multipart Clip(8 files)]

Hi John - First let me say, there's no "password" needed to request a support - anyone can email support@divergentmedia.com any time, so feel free to contact us that way.

The term the manual uses for these types of clips is "Spanned Clips" - it's in chapter 3. I agree that there's some confusion between "multipart" and "spanning" - I'll make sure we correct that in a future release.

Because many cameras split long recordings, ClipWrap tries to rejoin them based on naming. As you've experienced, sometimes you'll end up with a naming scheme that "looks" like a span even when it isn't. In that case, you can highlight the clip and select "separate" from the "clip" menu.

If you have further questions or want to dig in deeper, just get in touch, support@divergentmedia.com.

-Colin

John Nantz November 15th, 2012 10:00 PM

Re: Clipwrap: mov001.tod => mov001[Multipart Clip(8 files)]

Thanks Colin, that should be a big help!

I don't remember the details about the password but the email address that was shown on the screen that I was at is semi-out-of-service for me right now and I wanted to change it. Maybe, just maybe, I was going to try and post a new thread. That may have been it.

Anyway, Thanks very much for the reply with the solution and I'll check out the "clip" menu and see if I can change it.