celtx at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Documentary Techniques

Documentary Techniques
-- Discuss issues facing documentary production.

Old May 21st, 2010, 02:59 PM   #1
Major Player

celtx

Anyone know what time format celtx uses? its been a long time since I have used final draft, but I seem to recall there being an option for changing the time of the script (1 page equals 30, 45 or 60 seconds). am I making that up? or does it exist in FD, but not in celtx?

if not, is it just default at 60 seconds per page?
Ian Planchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2010, 04:36 PM   #2
Regular Crew

If the script is in Standard format, it should be 60 seconds per page. I'm not proficient with Final Draft, but on the screenplay setting, I believe Celtx only offers standard format (60 seconds per page.)
Cole Seidl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2010, 02:07 AM   #3
Inner Circle

The most I've seen in a script writing program is an adjustment that allows to slightly adjust the line pitch, so that you don't have an orphan line on the last page. Other than that they confirm to the layout templates, however, these can vary depending on who the script is for. The BBC for example goes in for reinventing the wheel for many of it's TV drama series and Final Draft has templates for each program that does this.

If it's a layout option on Celtx there's no reason why you couldn't design your own template, although I wouldn't do this for anything other than your own use and not for submitting scripts to third parties. Non standard script layouts can get binned without reading..
Brian Drysdale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Documentary Techniques