Cablecam at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable

Old September 17th, 2008, 11:27 AM   #1
Tourist

Cablecam

I saw an old thread about cablecams, and I wondered if anybody actually rigged one up. I'me kinda on and off building one (as money will allow), I'd like to see your rigs if you got em.

Later,
Dory
Dory Breaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2008, 03:11 PM   #2
Trustee

Yeah, I think I was the guy on that old thread. I used 3/16" plastic jacketed aircraft cable and a Nico press swaging kit. Add a couple of 10,000 lbs ratchet straps to pull the cable tight. I flew an old Panasonic EZ30 using a home made rig that featured a couple of Petzl pulleys (you'll need two to keep the camera from spinning). It worked really well. An old fishing rod (big one for deep sea fishing) allowed the camera to be 'reeled in' for multiple passes. I had 300 ft of cable and was able to fly over hill and dale.

Warning: You can break the cable if you pull too tight and do not have enough knowledge of rigging and of Nico press swaging.

HTH,

Jacques
Old May 18th, 2009, 02:41 PM   #3
Regular Crew

When building one, don't you kneed a wireless remote head that hangs in the threads, so you can maneuver the camera? And won't you kneed a remote lens?
Ore do you already have thought about that? Would be awesome to se your rig when it's finch.
John S. Cooper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable