Glidetrack - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old February 16th, 2009, 09:37 AM   #46
Major Player

I'm excited to see the footage :)
Old February 16th, 2009, 09:57 PM   #47
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Y Wong View Post
I didn't think anyone working for stillmotion was 'still' aspiring - you guy's create a moving benchmark that everyone else aspires to.
Old September 1st, 2010, 02:58 PM   #48
Major Player

does glidetrack make one that works vertically as well as horizontally? also which glidetrack is recommended for a FX1 type of weighted camera with a couple of accessories?

Many thanks

edit: on the vertical thing Ive just seen this on another thread

"Try fitting the rail to your current head at the end of the rail.
Fit a second head and then you can do up/down shots with a controlled arc."

So if I am understanding right, I can have my manfrotto 501HDV head on a tripod. Put a quick release plate on the bottom of the glide track with another head already attached. If I then slide the quick release to one end of the rail and mount it on the 501 head, I can then angle it down length ways and fit my camera to the 2nd head on the glidetrack to create a crane type shot. The only issue is wont the camera be at 90 degrees to the ground (ie - sideways)?!

Last edited by David J. Payne; September 2nd, 2010 at 02:52 AM.
David J. Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2010, 03:00 PM   #49
Major Player

nevermind, i'm impatient and bought a glidetrack SD 50cm compact. Will see what I can do with it when it arrives!
David J. Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2010, 09:47 AM   #50
Trustee

Looks like the Glidetrack website is down. Hope it's nothing serious.

I'm looking to order a Glidetrack to mainly use with our Canon 5D Mark II (we use our Sony EX3 with a Steadicam Flyer)

Someone on this forum said to not buy the Glidetrack as it doesn't have roller bearings and as a result it makes it difficult to operate smoothly. Anyone care to comment on that? Is there something else available that has roller bearings? Noise isn't much of a concern as we'll mainly use if for b-roll.

Thanks! :)

EDIT: One other question.... I've got a Sachtler tripod (FSB 8) that using a quick release plate. If I bought an extra quick release plate couldn't I just mount it to the bottom of the Glidetrack so it could be quickly mounted to our tripod head? Or is it better to remove the tripod head and get a half ball mount? I'm trying to make it quick/easy to switch the 5DM2 from tripod to Glidetrack.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable