Best linear tracking system.. Cinevate? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable

Old July 8th, 2009, 10:10 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Best linear tracking system.. Cinevate?

Hello,

I'm thinking about a linear tracking system purchase. From user experiences I've read the IndiSlider and Glidetrack don't sound like they'll meet my needs. These are: completely smooth and perfectly straight tracking with no dips, catches or otherwise speed changes caused from the rails, no bowing or anything else. To support about 30 lbs, with linear track span being more important than portability. The longer the track the better.

Haven't found that much feedback on the Cinevate system. The site is a bit confusing about exactly what you need and exactly what's included in the kits. Haven't ever dealt with Cinevate products. If you have experience with it could you enlighten me on anything I need to know?

I don't know of any other options left than cinevate.

Last edited by Max Allen; July 8th, 2009 at 08:35 PM.
Max Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2009, 03:48 PM   #2
Trustee

Take a look at:
Ronford-Baker Engineering Company Limited - Designers & Manufactures of Academy Award winning professional Film, Television , Video, Grip & allied equipment.

That should take the weight...
Robin Davies-Rollinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2009, 06:46 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thank you Robin. The construction looks more along the line of what I had in mind. By the amount of information they have on the site looks more like a custom endeavor and phone calls involved. There are more and more nice things coming from the UK.

I'm also looking into the Camtram system. Pricey for a small dolly platform but solid build.

Cinevate also has a mod for flying on cables. But won't the camera's position on the y axis shift as it travels in and out of the gradual cable slack? How is this compensated for with other more extensive rigs used on high budget productions when flying on cable? Anybody familiar?
Max Allen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable