Dana Dolly!! no contact details? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old March 7th, 2011, 01:30 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Dana Dolly!! no contact details?

Hi,anyone using Dana Dolly? are you getting good results? I was trying to get in touch with them but they didn't answer me.there is no mail or phone number on their web page,and in the area "contact me" I sent them an email but I don't know if they ever received it,I have tried twice and did'nt get any answer,does anyone have their email address or phone number..

Thanks
Samer
Old April 16th, 2011, 02:02 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Dana Dolly!! no contact details?

I have one, it works well, but the company was slow to respond. Also, be very aware that the speed rail pipe that it runs on is an american size. Here in NZ we use 2" pipe - so half his system is a waste of money. I could not even find the american size pipe here. I ended up getting NZ size pipe brackets machined up locally. When I emailed Dana Dolly about this I never even got a reply - despite his earlier assurance that his system was universal.

Nice wheels on the unit, I like that you can mount different heads on it, but the bowl sits loose on the top plate and you then use a loose washer! to hold the 100mm head in. Not clever design at all.
Ben Ruffell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2011, 03:08 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: Dana Dolly!! no contact details?

A lot of my documentary travel now is using a variety of cameras. From XDCAM 700 to Canon 5D2 to Red MX and F3.

For me the Dana Dolly is too big and heavy for a doco shoot. It's been great on small TVC's and Corporates though.

Send me through details of your system. If you want, I am happy to test it out.

Recently my favorite tool has been a 2' version of "The Original Slider" very expensive, but very very good.
Ben Ruffell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable