Interesting new $260 skater dolly at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old May 17th, 2011, 11:24 AM   #1
Major Player

Interesting new $260 skater dolly

I am always looking for interesting cine gear just for fun and I ran across this skater dolly on EBay while looking for Chrosziel swing away brackets.

Now mind you I am quite happy with my Omni-Ttracker skater dolly, but since this looks new and had a budget price point I thought you all might enjoy checking out the newShotracker from OneTakeOnly

http://www.onetakeonly.com/OneTakeOn...s/dolly10W.jpg

It does sort of raise the camera up higher due to the wheels being under rather than embedded within the plate, but the flip side is you can use it on tracks with dual wheels.

Now if someone just took the single wheel systems and on a lathe cut in a radiused groove, we could use the normal low slung skater dollies on tracks yet still use them trackless.
Old June 19th, 2011, 05:59 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Interesting new $260 skater dolly

Looks very interesting.
Especially the markings are very helpfull.
I got an ever cheaper table dolly and this one is without the markings. This makes it hard to move parallel or to calculate your circles.

I've got a few suggestions for onetakeonly.com:
- add specs to the page: I want to know how high the platform is, how big the dolly is, how much weight it can handle and what the radius of free space between the wheels is (so one can tell which tripodhead fits on it or not: I don't like the thin ones used on the pictures: I prefer a Manfrotto 438 ball leveler (stronger and probably lower).)
- add an extra non-centric screw to fixate larger heads: on my table dolly I use the Manfrotto 438 Ball leveler. It's very easy to unscrew in from the platform while using the handle to adjust the slope of the camera. An extra screw (which can be removed when not needed) to pinpoint the head in it's position can avoid this. (Maybe 3 screws is even better). (This is just a thought)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable