Head for Philip Bloom Pocket Dolly at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old April 10th, 2012, 12:53 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Head for Philip Bloom Pocket Dolly

I'm wondering what people are using for higher end flat-base heads on the pocket dolly. I've looked at the offerings from Manfrotto, but the weight limit is too low. I'm shooting with an EX-1R with wide angle lens, and swit battery. This config exceeds the weight limit of most if not all flat base heads.

Thanks.
Craig Kovatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 10:05 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Head for Philip Bloom Pocket Dolly

You might want to check out the Weifeng 717AH head. I use it with DSLR's and the Sony FS-100. It's a decent cost-effective option. I did a video review here:
Oren Arieli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 11:27 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Oren. Pretty hard to beat a fluid head for under $80!
Craig Kovatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2012, 12:43 AM   #4
Major Player

Useful information here and as a result I'm about to order a Weifeng head from China subject to some info. re shipping times. I have a Gitzo 2941 pod with a levelling centre column and have been looking at, and buying, lightweight flat base heads for video.

Manfrotto 701 is so so. Not really happy with my Canon XH-G1s attached. I bought a Berlebach 552 head from Germany. Superbly made, tiny but will take a heavy load, but sadly not for video though would be excellent for stills.

Fingers crossed re the Weifeng. My "normal" head is a Sachtler DVS6 on Manfrotto legs. Just too heavy for reasonable mobility.

Ron
Ronald Jackson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable