DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Dolly / Track / Cable (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dolly-track-cable/)
-   -   Bumpy Konova Slider (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dolly-track-cable/510634-bumpy-konova-slider.html)

Madison Lee September 11th, 2012 08:40 AM

Bumpy Konova Slider

Hi guys, my Konova slider starts getting a bit bumpy, anyone experience the same issue? And how to fix it?
I tried to clean all the parts inside but didn't help. Aghhh.....

Victor Nguyen September 15th, 2012 04:36 AM

Re: Bumpy Konova Slider

bumpy during the slides are bumpy because of the carriage itself? I know my konova slider is a little bit bumpy because of the carriage. I don't know why people endorse it so much. I'm starting to like this slider less and less every day.

Zexun Tan December 28th, 2012 07:39 AM

I know this is a few months late, but just so anyone reads this thread, I'd like to help.

Last night, I realised my slider was bumpy after renting it out to my friends many times. I tried the oil sil, and it didn't work. So i thought of cleaning up the sliding rail itself. That didn't work either. I then opened up one end of the slider, slid the carriage out, and realised there was a lot of gunk at the, you wouldn't guess it, BOTTOM of the carriage wheels. A quick clean, and a quick tightening of the carriage tension (only because I upgraded my camera and my setup got heavier / had more inertia), and then everything worked fine once again.

So there, if anyone has this issue with Konova or konova-ish type sliders (i think varavon sliders are similar), then perhaps this might help.

Cheers,
Zexun

Kyle Root April 13th, 2013 08:47 PM

Great info. Thanks for sharing. I've only had my Konova K3 for a few days but have been pretty impressed with its build quality and noise levels.

Madison Lee November 10th, 2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zexun Tan (Post 1769917)
I know this is a few months late, but just so anyone reads this thread, I'd like to help.

Last night, I realised my slider was bumpy after renting it out to my friends many times. I tried the oil sil, and it didn't work. So i thought of cleaning up the sliding rail itself. That didn't work either. I then opened up one end of the slider, slid the carriage out, and realised there was a lot of gunk at the, you wouldn't guess it, BOTTOM of the carriage wheels. A quick clean, and a quick tightening of the carriage tension (only because I upgraded my camera and my setup got heavier / had more inertia), and then everything worked fine once again.

So there, if anyone has this issue with Konova or konova-ish type sliders (i think varavon sliders are similar), then perhaps this might help.

Cheers,
Zexun

After a long year battling with my Konova, sold it in the end, got my new iFootage Shark Slider S1. Brilliant slider I ever used. Thanks for your tips tho Zexun.