The StreamLiner Cinema Dolly at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable

Old September 18th, 2014, 07:41 PM   #1
Regular Crew

The StreamLiner Cinema Dolly

Hello all. It has been awhile since my last visit and post. I saw this forum topic and decided to investigate.
I hope I am not out of line here, but I have been working on a portable dolly (or "slider" if you will) for quite sometime now.

To be clear, this is a relatively heavy dolly, and is specifically designed for large set-ups and/or large-style cameras (shoulder-type). This is not a dolly for backpacking up a mountain or for stop-motion photography.
Two unique concepts is that dolly track can be as short as 4 feet or as long as 22 feet, or anything in-between. Second, a motor-assist option is available, which allows the user to concentrate on pans, tilts and zooms without also having to contend with creating a smooth lateral motion. Again, this dolly is not a Dynamic Motion device nor is it controlled by a computer.

Here is a short little demo I shot last week:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrD8...ature=youtu.be

If anything, it is a quick alternative to floor track and a ride-on dolly, and all of the grip equipment and personnel that comes with a doorway dolly. This dolly will be available for purchase very soon.

Thanks.
Patrick McLoad
Patrick McLoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2014, 11:47 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: The StreamLiner Cinema Dolly

Not to beat a dead horse, but here are couple other demos for the StreamLiner Cinema Dolly that will soon be re-edited and combined:
StreamLiner Cinema Dolly System

I do realize that this is way overkill for most of those who use HD-DSLR's. But for medium to large camera set-ups, it is a real time and budget saver over traditional floor track systems….and it's motorized. Below is a photo of a raw aluminum StreamLiner Dolly before anodizing.
Attached Thumbnails
The StreamLiner Cinema Dolly-small-wide-shot.jpg  
Patrick McLoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2014, 07:45 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: The StreamLiner Cinema Dolly

FYI, I made a few changes to the "Saturn Rocket" demo posted earlier, and have deleted that particular video from YouTube.

It's replacement is here:

My apologies for the confusion.
If the video looks a bit soft, it's because economics forced me to use a wide angle
lens adapter as opposed to a true wide-angle lens. And lets face it, shooting upward
into daylight panels and merc-vapor lights isn't the greatest either.

Thanks for looking!

P Mc
Patrick McLoad is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable