Motorized Cable Trolley - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable

Old April 6th, 2007, 07:46 PM   #31
Regular Crew

Andrew, you want to try to find some rope for about the $1-1.50/per foot range. I'm not sure where would be the best place for you, but I'm sure if you start searching around and getting quotes you'll know soon enough. Many boating companies have nice cordage that would work just fine. Just make sure you are getting something strong enough, like 30,000+lbs of breaking strength for a 5/16 rope. Same goes for the wire if you decide to go that route.

Andy, I don't believe I would be able to get the smoothness I'm looking for with a RC heli. Plus it will need to be able to mount a 35mm film camera as well. I would like to eventually buy/use one for getting angles not possible with a cable setup if you can get them at that price.

Where do you find a RC helicopter like you mentioned?
Jeremy Teman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Dolly / Track / Cable