DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Doritos presents Crash The Super Bowl X (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/doritos-presents-crash-super-bowl-x/)
-   -   Doritos Contest Top 5! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/doritos-presents-crash-super-bowl-x/83190-doritos-contest-top-5-a.html)

Dale Backus January 5th, 2007 12:05 AM

Doritos Contest Top 5!

Hey guys,

My friends and I shot a 30 second spot for a Super Bowl contest sponsored by Doritos and learned that we were selected into the Top 5 submissions!

We shot is using the JVC HD100 with the Letus HD100 (great adapter, thanks Quyen!).

The next phase is up to a vote by the public and will determine which of the 5 will be aired during Super Bowl XLI. Any and all support would be greatly greatly appreciated.

Check it out at www.crashthesuperbowl.com

Our spot is "Live the Flavor" - Help us if you can (if you like ours the best, that is :)

Thanks a lot guys!

Dale

Gabriel Yeager January 5th, 2007 12:27 AM

haha! Wow! that was awesome man! Great job Dale! That one so deserves to be aired! You really did a nice job. You have my vote!

I loved everything about it! Kudos to you! Keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing more from you.
~Gabriel

Dale Backus January 5th, 2007 01:17 AM

thanks so much for the encouragement. In a time like this when youre facing such good opponents, you really start second guessing. Thanks a lot for your support, tell your friends!

Dale

Lorinda Norton January 5th, 2007 02:30 AM

LOL!!! You got my vote, Dale. That was a great idea and so well done--very funny! :)

Meryem Ersoz January 5th, 2007 10:56 AM

very professional and witty. good luck!

Walter J Walsh January 5th, 2007 11:26 AM

Dale,
In all fairness I had to watch all of the videos to make sure I voted for the best one. You got my vote. It was brilliant. Great work.

Dale Backus January 5th, 2007 01:32 PM

Thanks a lot guys - i really appreciate the kind words, means a lot. Spread the word!

Paul Cascio January 5th, 2007 02:19 PM

What is a "Viewing Party?"

Do you at least get to attend the game, or are they just going to let you watch it on TV?

Paul Cascio January 5th, 2007 02:22 PM

I was on a game show once

A show called "Press Your Luck." I lost, got 3 whammies in my first 4 spins, if you're familiar with the show. Anyway, one of the consilation prizes was about a year's supply of Doritos.

Good luck.

Dale Backus January 5th, 2007 05:31 PM

The party is in Miami. Not sure really what it involves, but i do know it involves a good deal of media and press... I'd rather watch the game in the comfort of a room anyway!

Scott Ellifritt January 5th, 2007 08:20 PM

Thumbs up! Voted yours #1.

Paul Cascio January 6th, 2007 11:55 AM

Smart move by Free-to-Lay

Others advertiisers are paying big bucks for creative and commercial production. Frito-Lay is getting thiers for a song. Plus all the PR from the contest.

Scott Ellifritt January 6th, 2007 12:25 PM

It's a double-edged sword, yes, but the rewards can be helpful if the top 5 and or winner plays their cards right.

Paul Cascio January 6th, 2007 03:58 PM

Absolutely

Prospective Client: What's your credentials?

Scott: I wrote and produced Frito-Lay's Superbowl commercial.

Prospective Client: You're hired!

Dale Backus January 6th, 2007 07:23 PM

Haha, that's the hope! We've seen an impressive amount of PR from this already, and it really has only begun - it's been quite a ride...