Doritos Superbowl Ad shot with HD100 + Letus - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Doritos presents Crash The Super Bowl X
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Doritos presents Crash The Super Bowl X
The 10th and final Crash The Super Bowl ad contest!

Old February 4th, 2007, 10:07 PM   #16
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Setnes
Out of all the ads, the budlight rock throwing was the best. This clip comes second. Just surprised to come home finding it was done with the JVC
Matt,

I think I misunderstood your post. It sounded like the Bud Light ad was also shot with a JVC camera. I'm going to edit it slightly to make your intent clearer.
Old February 4th, 2007, 10:10 PM   #17
Trustee

I did see it, and I believe it went like this:

Kick Off.
Run Back for Touchdown.
Extra Point.
Doritos Commercial.

It was the first commercial of the game, and anyone watching from the start of the game would have seen it.
Jack Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2007, 10:14 PM   #18
Major Player

I'm confused. Doritos said one ad would air. I saw "Check Out Girl". I never saw "Live the Flavor".

They announced that the winner would run at the 2 minute warning, it did not air in that slot, even though they promoted it a few seconds before going to break. So "Check Out Girl" won, right?
Glenn Davidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2007, 10:17 PM   #19
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Davidson
I'm confused. Doritos said one ad would air. I saw "Check Out Girl". I never saw "Live the Flavor".

They announced that the winner would run at the 2 minute warning, it did not air in that slot, even though they promoted it a few seconds before going to break. So "Check Out Girl" won, right?
If you go to the Doritos promotion website, it states Dale is the winner.
Old February 4th, 2007, 10:25 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood
If you go to the Doritos promotion website, it states Dale is the winner.
CBS promoted "a winning commercial" a few minutes before the 2 minute warning at the end of the game. However due to time constraints or whatever, they didn't air nor mention the winner from what I viewed. These things do happen. According to one poster here, the commercial was one of the first to air at the beginning of the game. I didn't even watch the first 10 minutes of the game and saw the ad later so it for sure aired twice. I'm sure those who created the commercial will know how many times it aired. Deservingly, they should be smiling bright tonight.
MB
Mike Bagley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2007, 11:03 PM   #21
Wrangler

They had a quick blurb during one break that didn't actually air the commercial, but did congratulate Dale on the winning commercial. I posted in the original thread from Dale right after that congratulating him. So whatever the timestamp is on that post, it's right after the announcement came. However, I too saw Dale's ad was the first one to run on the first break.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2007, 11:07 PM   #22
Major Player

Oh, now I see why I was confused, they decided to air two spots...

http://www.broadcastnewsroom.com/art....jsp?id=102530
Glenn Davidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2007, 08:11 AM   #23
Obstreperous Rex

Additional congrats to Dale and crew for being one of the lead stories on this morning's Today Show on NBC. The spot was teased several times with a blurb about the sub-$13 budget, and Dale and the gang appeared on air via remote, answering a few questions about the production and its cost, ending on a high note about sorting through PR offers.

Their commercial aired several more times on the Today program and was mentioned in an additional story about Superbowl ad effectiveness; a study that measures brain activity of a test group of viewers showed that Dale's Doritos ad in particular was "more engaging and held higher interest" relative to some of the other ads.

All in all, very well done -- congrats to the whole crew; the oldest being all of 22 years old. You guys did this at the *right* time in your lives... blue skies ahead!

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2007, 01:10 PM   #24
Trustee

IIRC, they stated they were going to air a small bio/interviewy thing at the 2 minute warning...that didn't happen.
Old February 5th, 2007, 09:06 PM   #25
Major Player

For interesting reviews of the superbowl ads:

http://adage.com/article?article_id=114655
Peter Wiley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Doritos presents Crash The Super Bowl X