And DVC11 is closed! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old December 17th, 2007, 10:23 AM   #1
Wrangler

And DVC11 is closed!

And DVC11 is closed. I will have the first films up today!
Old December 17th, 2007, 10:46 AM   #2
Wrangler

If you submitted a film and your name isn't on this list, panic! ...then send me an email!

Kris Holodak
Jim Montgomery
Hugh DiMauro
Peter Silk
Chris Barcellos
Micahel Nistler
Lorinda Norton
Steven Koernig
Josh Chesarek
Dick Mays
Denton Kukahito
Old December 18th, 2007, 08:02 PM   #3
Major Player

Just a little story off my somewhat abillity/weirdness :)

Kris and Holodak are on their way together with Jim, heading towards Montogmery to look for the Nistler device. DiMauro, the well known mobster, is following Peter which sold Silk proteins to Jim, eventually would be able to get Jim!

This could lead to serious problems because at the same time Chris is already in Montogmery waiting for Barcellos and Michael which are the only ones who have the Nistler device, capable of converting Silk into The Great Medicine, a Holy Grail of life without death.

Lorinda, in front of her old PC, still using Norton Commander and tries to locate the file containing the schematics of professor Steven Koerning, which invented the Nistler device. It's important to locate the file before Jim arrives at Montogmery because else it might end in a blood bath, the Nistler device is crucial and knowing the schematics, would be able to obtain control over it. On the other hand Josh, the son of Lorinda, is trying to understand what is going on and why his mom is so agitated about her computer. She is still trying to figure out why Norton made it so hard to find a file in a computer.

When Jim and his 2 friends are only a few kilometers away from Montogmery, FBI agent Chesarek is stopping them, requesting to provide him all information possible about their plans. This could seriously endanger the plans to gain control over the Nistler device. Jim must find a way out of this, and FAST, the clock is ticking with DiMauro tracking each of them.

Jim decides he has to take the matter in his own hands and together with Kris and Holodak, plan a small diversion and catches agent Chesares in a moment of distraction and brings him down. On the falling, an ID flies off the agent's coat. Jim picks it up and reads: "Dick Mays", so seems this was not an FBI agent at all but one of DiMauro's guys! Lucky them for being alert!

Chris is getting worried as Jim and his 2 friends are late, and the feeling is amplified by the lack of cell phones as they preferred to not use them to avoid tracking. Denton Kukahito a well known billionaire, the head of this whole operation managed to figured out the location of DiMauro and sends his man after him, in order to avoid the possibility of the Nistler device falling into the wrong hands.

Finally Jim, Kris and Holodak arrive at the established meeting spot, an old parking lot, yet to be demolished. Barcellos and Michael arrive safely as well, together with the Nistler device. The use a satellite phone to call Lorinda to ask how to control the device. Lucky Lorinda, she found the schematics and is able to finally disable the device.

Starring:
Kris Holodak
Jim Montgomery
Hugh DiMauro
Peter Silk
Chris Barcellos
Micahel Nistler
Lorinda Norton
Steven Koernig
Josh Chesarek
Dick Mays
Denton Kukahito

Disclaimer: Just played with my imagination, no offense intended on any of the names involved, it's just an ability I discovered many years ago to create stories off the names in a list.

Dylan, you're the dude around here so feel free to remove this if any complaints etc.
Old December 18th, 2007, 10:12 PM   #4
Wrangler

YES!!!!!!! I always knew I could save the day with that crappy old Norton Commander! LOL!!!

That was pretty entertaining, Mugurel. You’re a nut.

Oh, and Josh….you haven’t called home in years… ;)
Old December 19th, 2007, 01:54 AM   #5
Wrangler

Hahaha! I love the Nistler Device!
Old December 19th, 2007, 01:58 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugurel Dragusin View Post

a few kilometers away from Montogmery, FBI agent Chesarek is stopping them,
We don't have no stinkin kilometers in Montgomery :)
Old December 19th, 2007, 04:30 AM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos View Post
We don't have no stinkin kilometers in Montgomery :)
Hey that's a good point, we could change it all into miles but has no "Miles" name on the list though :P
Old December 19th, 2007, 05:47 AM   #8
Major Player

Brilliant script, Mugurel !!! With that talent, you can expect the omnipotent, dreaded "Nistler device" under your tree the night of the 24th <wink> And OMG, Lorinda - we feel the pain... still enduring the Norton Commander of yester year? I converted all my machines to NOD-32 a few years ago and never looked back.

Good luck to all - everyone's a winner, especially in the name of charity.

Michael
Michael Nistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2007, 10:15 AM   #9
Wrangler

Heh heh...Michael, I was just playing around. Actually, I'd never heard of Commander until this story.

I loved the line, "she is still trying to figure out why Norton made it so hard to find a file in a computer." LOL! That told a big tale for me. Sort of like "Norton Virus" -- which is what I think of the anti-virus program. :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge