DVC11 - And The Winner Is... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old December 24th, 2007, 12:37 PM   #1
Wrangler

DVC11 - And The Winner Is...

Ah, 'tis the season to make movies?
Well, not really... but 11 of you pushed through to submit a fantastic batch of films, all centered around the theme "light". Congrats to all who submitted a film, it's usually a pretty busy time of year to get something done.

Of course, this was our yearly holiday charity challenge, where we all donated to raise a pool of cash to give to the charity of the winner's choice. The winner will also get a fantastic shopping spree, courtesy of our sponsors Guy Cochran and www.dvestore.com, but will also get to donate $811 to the charity of their choice!

Huge props to all who donated, it's a great example of the good spirit of the people on this forum. And also big thanks to Chris Hurd and the rest of DVinfo for keeping this place one of the best on the net!

And now...

2nd RUNNER UP
Steven Koernig "The Noisome Darkness"

Congrats Steven, a strong showing for a very good film!

1st RUNNER UP
Kris Holodak “Santa's Joy Ride”

Nicely done Kris! Great film... you were very close!

And now...
THE WINNER OF DVC11 - HOLIDAY CHARITY CHALLENGE

Hugh DiMauro "Flashlight"

Congrats Hugh! Superbly done!
You now have the huge decision of which charity to give the donation pool too... not a totally un-fun way to spend an afternoon! So bask in the glory of victory for a while, then shoot me an email and I'll go over the details with you.
Hey, wait a second... This win also makes you our first two-time champion, doesn't it?
Old December 24th, 2007, 12:57 PM   #2
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Couper View Post
Hey, wait a second... This win also makes you our first two-time champion, doesn't it?
It most certainly does make him the first two-time champion! Wow!!!

Congratulations, Hugh! Such a well-deserved win. I'm proud of you! :)

And Kris, I'm very happy for you! Congrats also to Steven on a scary light movie, as well. They were both great films.

Thank you, Dylan, Chris, and Guy for allowing everyone to have so much fun time after time.

Merry Christmas, everyone. :)
Old December 24th, 2007, 01:20 PM   #3
Trustee

Thanks

Thank you, Dylan, for your kind words and taking the time to continue this tradition. Lorinda, I hope you truly know how much your words mean to me, especially coming from a previous December winner!

My charity is the United Way's Idaho Meth Project, targeted toward preventing Idaho's youth from the temptation of even thinking about experimenting with methamphetamines, one of the most addictive and life ruining drugs out there. Daily, I deal with the ruined lives this drug had caused.
Old December 24th, 2007, 01:31 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh DiMauro View Post
My charity is the United Way's Idaho Meth Project, targeted toward preventing Idaho's youth from the temptation of even thinking about experimenting with methamphetamines, one of the most addictive and life ruining drugs out there. Daily, I deal with the ruined lives this drug had caused.
Hugh,

Great charity cause. I only wish we spent 1/10th as much trying to help the drug addicted as we do locking them up (at least here in Georgia). Meth looks really bad, based on the before and after pictures I have seen.

Congratulations on being the first two time winner!

And Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

Dick
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2007, 01:34 PM   #5
Major Player

Way to go winners, Dylan, and everyone for both the enjoyable contest and helping make the world a better place through charitable contributions. Hugh, your Meth Projectcause certainly is a noble cause and we're heartwarmed to know it brings personal meaning to you.

I hope you have the opportunity to show your excellent video to some of the youth and if necessary, threaten them with the dreaded "truthiness flashlight!!!"

Happy holidays to all,

Michael
Michael Nistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2007, 02:31 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Hugh,

A great film and a great win for you Hugh! I enjoyed it and it looks like everyone else did too! Your charity sounds great and I bet they will put the money to very good use.

Congratulations my man. Just keep that flashlight away from me!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike
Old December 24th, 2007, 03:15 PM   #7
Trustee

Thanks, Guys!

If you laughed then I'm happy. What is that old saying? "It is easier for a camel to jump through the eye of a needle than for a human to quit an addiction." Meth is some bad stuff.
Old December 24th, 2007, 08:46 PM   #8
New Boot

Congrats Guys, have a great Christmas - expect to see me around the next comp - 'till then - have fun! :P

-Peter.
Peter Silk is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge