And here it comes DVC12! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old February 12th, 2008, 03:34 PM   #16
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton View Post
I'm excited because after six years of using the same cameras I finally ordered a new one today. Hope I get to break it in on this challenge! :)
Congrats Lorinda. You've been wanting to update for a while I think you've made an excellent choice. Now its the waiting game...watching through the front window for a glimpse of a very anticipated delivery truck. Its gonna be just like Christmas morning.

-Jon
Old February 12th, 2008, 04:12 PM   #17
Wrangler

Wow, I don’t think I received this many congratulations when my son was born! Thanks, guys. :)

Yes, it’s going to be like Christmas, all right. And then I’ll be scrambling if Dylan announces a challenge soon, because I’ve forgotten everything you showed me, Pete!

Hey Jim, are you planning to attend NAB again this year? I was looking at your Web site and sure would like to chat with you a bit.
Old February 12th, 2008, 06:46 PM   #18
Major Player

I am thinking about it. Probably a Monday - Wednesday if I do attend.

I already attended DV Expo and HD Expo although they were shorter and a LOT smaller.

I just bought a new camera myself. The new Sony EX1 which is a VERY nice camera. Haven't had much time to play with it as I've been working on too many web projects (I'm a web programmer, too many hats...)

I'd love to chat with you Lorinda. I'll let you know if I end up at NAB.
Old February 13th, 2008, 04:36 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Nice Choice

Lorinda, I would be interested how you like the camera. I bet it is great. I am looking forward to seeing the product on the new dvc (pressure pressure). I will throw my name in the hat if I can notice when it is posted. I keep missing the notification.
Bruce Broussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2008, 12:47 AM   #20
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Huenergardt View Post
I'll let you know if I end up at NAB.
Sounds good, Jim. Hope to see you there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Broussard View Post
I am looking forward to seeing the product on the new dvc (pressure pressure).
Right...thanks a lot, Bruce. ;) When (or should I say "IF") Dylan announces DVC12 I will send you an email.
Old February 14th, 2008, 02:00 PM   #21
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Huenergardt View Post
I just bought a new camera myself. The new Sony EX1 which is a VERY nice camera. Haven't had much time to play with it as I've been working on too many web projects

James,

If you need someone to play with that EX1, ship it to me and I'll make sure it works okay for you.

Dick
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2008, 05:49 AM   #22
Major Player

Congrats on the camera Lorinda! I got one of those babies myself. I love it. And I still feel ashame that I haven't done a DVC with it so I am ready to do DVC12 now.. :)
Old February 16th, 2008, 03:11 PM   #23
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Mays View Post
James,

If you need someone to play with that EX1, ship it to me and I'll make sure it works okay for you.

Dick
That’s what I like about you, Dick…always ready to lend a helping hand… ;) The EX1 sounds like a GREAT camera.

Fredrik, I’ve got a ton of questions about the XH A1 but am trying to be patient until I get my hands on it. Darn thing is sitting on a FED EX truck not even twenty miles from me, waiting for Monday! Aaaaugh! I’m going skiing on Tuesday—thinking I might take it there for its trial “run.” :)

Hmm…still no sign of that rascal Dylan. Is anyone--new or old--getting antsy for the next challenge? (Besides Josh, and Andrew, and David, and Fredrik, and me?) If you are, say so! :)
Old February 16th, 2008, 06:24 PM   #24
Regular Crew

Ancy. . . yes.

Congrats Lorinda, I'm a proud, fairly new, XH-A1 owner myself and I have to say that I have been blown away by this camera. It's fantastic. However, before this becomes just a Congratulating thread, I also need to say that, as a fairly new member here, I'm quite interested in joining this next DV Challenge should my "stars" align with the calendar gods. I've enjoyed watching the past entries and I'd like to start contributing. We'll see. Having said that, my inexperience is mandating that I ask a question which may be a bit dumb:
I haven't been able to find any previous threads announcing, say for instance, DVC 11, 10, 9, etc. Are those just announced within this forum, or are they announced via a mailing list or something? Am I safe just to watch this thread for the announcement? I guess I just need to be caught up with regard to how the minutia works here. Any help is appreciated and I'm always glad to lend a hand with whatever I might know about your camera (I've only got a few months head start on you though, so take that for what it's worth).
Old February 16th, 2008, 07:12 PM   #25
Wrangler

Hiya Alex!

Hurricane, Utah? I'll have to look that one up. We might be neighbors...sort of. :)

Thanks for the offer of help; I think I'm gonna need it.

As for the Challenge, just keep an eye on this forum and watch for the sign-up thread. Everything is done right here! About the previous challenge announcements, I think if you just keep looking they're in there amongst all our other *important* threads. :)

Oh, and have you been to the Web site? It's http://thedvchallenge.blogspot.com -- lots of good info! (That's the link for the judging page but you can navigate from there.)

*Edit: Just checked and found that Hurricane is waaay south of Idaho. Guess we're not neighbors after all.

Last edited by Lorinda Norton; February 16th, 2008 at 10:02 PM.
Lorinda Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2008, 01:14 PM   #26
Major Player

In case you missed it.. here's the sign up thread http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?p=829029

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge