DVC12 Sign Up Thread! Yes! For Real! - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old February 21st, 2008, 06:39 PM   #31
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip Marlowe View Post
...this should be fun.
That it will be! I'm in.
Old February 22nd, 2008, 07:25 PM   #32
Regular Crew

Sign me up!

This will be my first DV Challenge.
So... Wish me luck! ;-)
Tor-Atle Kindsbekken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2008, 07:46 PM   #33
Major Player

I'm in....

Well since Lorinda is the new chief co-head judge and whip cracker.....

I'm in.....
Old February 22nd, 2008, 07:52 PM   #34
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton View Post
That it will be! I'm in.
I am looking forward to the fantastic submission off of your new camera! (if I stay off the hall of shame, it will be filmed with our new xd ex1, but keep it quite, its still a secret.)
Bruce Broussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2008, 12:12 PM   #35
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Broussard View Post
Lorinda, I would be interested how you like the camera. I bet it is great. I am looking forward to seeing the product on the new dvc (pressure pressure).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Broussard View Post
I am looking forward to the fantastic submission off of your new camera! (if I stay off the hall of shame, it will be filmed with our new xd ex1, but keep it quite, its still a secret.)
Now you stop that, Bruce! Gee whiz, I'm nervous enough without all the pressure! LOL! (Your secret is safe with me, but what a great new camera you've got there!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Thieda View Post
Well since Lorinda is the new chief co-head judge and whip cracker.....

I'm in.....
Ha ha! Good to see you again, too, Bob.

We're all gonna have us a good time. Can't wait to see everyone's films! Oh and...good luck, Tor. :)
Old February 24th, 2008, 07:52 PM   #36
Wrangler

You’ve still got until Thursday to sign up! I may ask Dylan if it’s time to go back to the original sign up rules and close it on that day, so if you’re sitting on the fence…

Dylan helped narrow down the theme to two choices. Hmm….the fast ball that you can knock out of the park, or a curve? :)
Old February 25th, 2008, 06:49 AM   #37
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton View Post
Hmm….the fast ball that you can knock out of the park, or a curve? :)

Ooooh, a baseball analogy. It's a sign that I must step up to the plate. (That means I'm in, and I hope the third time's a charm, rather than strike 3, wall-of-shame-wise.)
Old February 25th, 2008, 09:48 AM   #38
Regular Crew

***Peels himself off the wall of shame*****

Lets try this again.

Randy
Randall Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 10:19 AM   #39
Regular Crew

Hmm... am getting back into town late Saturday, but that still leaves me time, right?

Okay, I"m in!
Joseph Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 04:38 AM   #40
Major Player

Tor-Atle Kindsbekken. Now that is a name you don't hear every day (yes, to all of you budding stand up comedians, I'm aware he, in fact, does). I swear, this site's 'real names only' policy has presented me with more unique handles than I've encountered on any message board I've ever visited. I love that. Welcome to our humble home, Tor, and break a leg with your first DVC!

To Jesse Steele, I say go to whatever lengths necessary to make the collaboration happen. The experience is worth it, let me tell you. I had more fun when I helped out Mike Fossenkemper in challenge seven than I'm able to explain in words. Running around all day (in the most literal sense; I was winded by sunset), catching shots all over town, it was an absolute blast. Couldn't pull off the two entries thing, but I did at least grab some neat behind the scenes stuff. I say pull out all the stops and go for it! For whatever my opinion's worth.

To continue the baseball analogy, Lorinda, why not throw us a fast curve ball? Do you think Dylan would be averse to somehow combining the themes, or is he interested in saving the unused one for next time?

As for all this I hear about new cameras, I must confess, it made me jealous. I'd been saving up some cash for a few things, and along comes the perfect opportunity to nab them. A purchase has been made. I filed (read: stuck in a drawer) the receipt printout not ten minutes ago, in fact, and if all goes according to plan, my new toys and I should be making beautiful music together in a matter of days. I feel irresponsible and immature every time I spend any money, but I tell myself this is a good feeling, sure to make me a much more cautious adult later in life. The most reassuring cheap excuse I've yet devised. Honestly, can you blame a guy for wanting new stuff to plug in?
Robert Martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 09:41 AM   #41
Major Player

I'll throw my name in, though I'll probably end up on the wall.

Ten days ago, I was editing when I looked down to see a wet footprint in the carpet under where my foot was, right next to my editing station. We had a hot water pipe leak, and the pipe leaked at both ends: one end in the office where my editing station is and one end in the kitchen. Lots of drywall has been ripped out, lots of kitchen counters have been ripped out, lots of $$ has been spent. But the bottom line is that my editing station and office are a shambles, making it hard to cut something together for the DVC.

But, if I have an inspired idea using the theme, maybe I'll shoot something quick and put my editing station back together to take my mind off the mess... :)

Cheers,
Bill
William Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 11:22 AM   #42
Space Hipster

I'm 50% in. Depends on timing of a furniture redo in my studio this week.
Old February 26th, 2008, 05:33 PM   #43
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Martens View Post
if all goes according to plan, my new toys and I should be making beautiful music together in a matter of days.
Cool! C’mon, Robert, what’d ya get? :)
Quote:
I had more fun when I helped out Mike Fossenkemper in challenge seven than I'm able to explain in words. Running around all day (in the most literal sense; I was winded by sunset), catching shots all over town, it was an absolute blast. Couldn't pull off the two entries thing, but I did at least grab some neat behind the scenes stuff.
Yes, that movie should be in the DVC Hall of Fame. Hilarious, still! Must have winded Mike, too, though—he hasn’t done one since then, has he? (Aside to Jesse: In one of the DVCs I edited a bunch of nonsense we got from NAB for an entry and then threw together a movie on my own as well. You can do it, Jesse!)
Quote:
Do you think Dylan would be averse to somehow combining the themes, or is he interested in saving the unused one for next time?
Been thinking about this, Robert, hoping I understood your question. The two words combined actually work! The biggest problem I see is that it would narrow the scope to where we might end up with too much of the same interpretation. Another problem is that I may not get Dylan’s ear again between now and Thursday, so maybe we’ll leave it just the one word as usual for this round. Indecisive person that I am, I think I’ll flip a coin on Thursday morning.
Old February 26th, 2008, 08:50 PM   #44
New Boot

Time for me to try again :P - finally brought the hv20 as well so its going to be fun, lol.

-Peter
Peter Silk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2008, 07:39 AM   #45
Inner Circle

Hi All,

I'm way too busy to do this, but I'll try. What the heck, wall on the last one and maybe this time too.

Mike

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge