How's it going? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old March 2nd, 2008, 08:56 PM   #16
Major Player

Wrote probably the worst of my scripts yesterday and shot it today. I am definately a candidate for the DVC12-raspbarry-award... :p And to make it even worse.. it's a DVC-sequel! Oh yeah, was supposed to focus on the sound on this one and well.. I discovered some problems after everything was shot. Luckily I recorded 2 channels so the additional one might rescue me. Yeah, I captured it a moment ago. And it look crap. Well, that was because the capture wasn't working so I need to update that to the latest versions. But all in all... there will be an entry from me... it will take me off the DVC-wall-of-shame though... ahh.. who am I kidding, this can't be the worst one I made, probably a top-ten though.. ;)
Old March 2nd, 2008, 09:37 PM   #17
Wrangler

A sequel? How cool is that! Can’t wait to find out which movie!

I’m really impressed that some of you guys have finished shooting already. That’s gotta feel pretty good.
Old March 3rd, 2008, 11:05 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Came up with a loose idea on Friday. Decided to shoot on Saturday with the little shreds of a script/storyline that I had. Started post on Sunday. Since this week is totally full (mon-fri). We will complete sat-sun and deliver on time!

by the way, it was an easy theme, change can have so many meanings.
Bruce Broussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2008, 01:03 PM   #19
Regular Crew

I gues this might be the best place to post.
Just found this forum the other day and as luck would have it, just in time for the DVC. Caught me off guard so I may not get one in for this time around, but what a fun idea!
Get off your butts and make something indeed. :)

Anxious to see how this round goes, as just a spectator though.
Good luck to all.
Ken Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2008, 04:10 PM   #20
Wrangler

Wow...a neighbor!!! Welcome aboard, Ken.

Ya know, it's not too late to try and submit something, although we do have a decent head start on you. Sign up if you think of something--anything you might want to submit. As Bruce said...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Broussard View Post
by the way, it was an easy theme, change can have so many meanings.
This is a pitch the size of a cantaloupe that anyone should be able to hit. Themes might not get any easier! :)

P.S. Since you're in my neck of the woods, if you want to throw in with me this time around or you need an entra hand if you think of something, just shoot me an email!
Old March 4th, 2008, 12:00 PM   #21
Major Player

Lorinda,

What is the length limitation this time?

Dick
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2008, 12:04 PM   #22
Wrangler

Oh yeah. This would be a good time to refresh the memories of folks who didn't read the rules again! :) Straight from the Web page:

The maximum duration of your film is three minutes, plus an additional 20 seconds for credits. You ARE allowed to use part of the additional 20 seconds for your film if you need it. There is no penalty for films shorter than 3 minutes, so you can enter with a 40 second film if you like.

Your film must open with a title reading "thedvchallenge.com presents" Please note the URL is "thedvchallenge.com" and not "dvchallenge.com" You may use any font, in order to make it congruent with the look and feel of your film.

All good stories need a good title! Your film must have a title which must show at the beginning of your film following "thedvchallenge.com presents"! Whenever you email us, please include the title. It makes life so much easier.
Please, do not make the title the same or similar to the theme. If the theme is “cats”, don’t call your movie “Cats”, “The Cats”, or “A Cat”.
Very descriptive titles are good as it helps your film stick out in the judges minds when trying to remember which film is which. Films titled “untitled” will be frowned upon.
Old March 4th, 2008, 01:05 PM   #23
Major Player

Oh Poop

So I call everyone for a Thursday schedule and my lead actor(s) are in Georgia at a Lacrosse Tournament. Lacrosse? who plays lacrosse.

Now I'm scrambling ....
Jim Montgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2008, 04:13 PM   #24
Regular Crew

shoot? I don't even know what lacrosse is!!! Good Luck!
Old March 4th, 2008, 05:14 PM   #25
Major Player

Well, who knows what's going to happen.

Script is just about wrapped up.

My lead just got strep throat. I'm looking hard for a substitute.

A web project I thought I'd have done by now is still looming.

I go on call starting tomorrow (I'm an air ambulance pilot), so trying to schedule a shoot literally a crap-shoot (pun intended).

So, I may or may not get to shoot anything before Sunday.

If not for DVC, I will shoot this short for practice.

Ah, the joys of film making...
Old March 4th, 2008, 06:01 PM   #26
Regular Crew

Ah man, I just got back from a show in Houston, and I haven't even started! Anyone else?!

There's still time! No wall of shame for me!!!!!!!
Joseph Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2008, 07:30 PM   #27
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Tran View Post
There's still time! No wall of shame for me!!!!!!!
That’s right! Go for it.

After throwing out several ideas, on Sunday I finally hit on one that gelled and even got a script written, so we shot the indoor part today and plan to deal with the cold wind tomorrow for the rest of it.

Wind. Now I remember why I don’t like a March challenge…

Jim and Jim, I hope you find replacements and time. We want to see your movies!
Old March 5th, 2008, 01:15 PM   #28
Major Player

Way ahead of the game this time.

I finished the 50 hour competition this weekend with a 6 minute film so I will be able to redit the footage into a 3 minute film with a lot of time to spare for the DVC12.

It will be interesting to see how the reedit compares to the original. I may post both versions to youtube for the fun of it.

At the screening last night I was mortified to watch my audio drop out in front of a packed audience. Scenes that I shot with only one microphone ended up as silent footage since they were only sending one audio channel to the speakers.

Live and learn.
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 03:22 PM   #29
Major Player

How's it going? I'll tell you how it's going!

Screen Grab
Attached Images

Jim Montgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 04:54 PM   #30
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Montgomery View Post
How's it going? I'll tell you how it's going!

Screen Grab
Yeah, "screen grab", sure. Not the pressure of the deadline getting to you, no, not that at all. I bet Dylan will like your film best of all, what with the drinking. Hee hee!

It's an admittedly-less-than-mad dash to collect props and other assorted sundries over here. I need to find a few dozen more coins, staple some sheets to the ceiling, find that yellow tablecloth, grind a few pieces of aluminum and steel, finish pressing those bearings in with the C clamp...just a boring Wednesday evening.

I have no screen grabs, and you ain't gettin' none when I do, neither! Jim is very generous, but I'm saving my masterpiece for Youtube.
Robert Martens is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge