How's it going? - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old March 8th, 2008, 08:03 PM   #46
Major Player

I got mine turned in... AND joined the under 1 minute club! Fun stuff!
Old March 8th, 2008, 08:55 PM   #47
Regular Crew

I cant make this thing under 3 minutes... damn! damn! damn!
David Cummings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 02:02 AM   #48
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Martens View Post
...wish me luck!
Good luck, Robert! :)

David, you might be amazed at what you can shave off to get to the three minute mark, though it may mean cutting something you love but isn't crucial to the story. Or maybe not. Now, I don't want to condone this sort of thing, but DVC great Bradley Marlow once interpreted the rule, "The maximum duration of your film is three minutes, plus an additional 20 seconds for credits. You ARE allowed to use part of the additional 20 seconds for your film if you need it." and made his credits fly by in a millisecond. He got it done under 3:20 and we all got a good laugh.

Only thing, if the judges decide the extra time wasn't needed you might get docked. ;)
Old March 9th, 2008, 03:10 AM   #49
Regular Crew

I'm waiting for video to render...

So I've been looking around the DVC forum, and I must say -- I love the comraderie 'round here, especially from the veteran players!

I've been a loyal viewer, part time participant for years, but it's good to be more involved here.

Thanks, all.
Joseph Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 03:32 AM   #50
Regular Crew

Lorinda just as I saw your post I think Ive come up with a way to fix it!!

The dream is not yet lost :D

with mounting money problems and loads of car troubles, I didn't think I'd make it in time but it looks like this might be my first submission.. and it feels soo good
David Cummings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 05:15 AM   #51
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Tran View Post
I've been a loyal viewer, part time participant for years, but it's good to be more involved here.
It’s good to have you more involved here, Joseph. Wait until the feedback—that’s when the real fun begins! :)
Old March 9th, 2008, 06:09 AM   #52
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Martens View Post
Finished shooting (with help from dear old dad, as usual) just a couple of minutes ago.

While watching your entries, I always been impressed by the relationship with your dad, obviously you 2 get along very well, lucky you :)
Old March 9th, 2008, 10:41 AM   #53
Major Player

Thank you, Lorinda, that's exactly what I needed. As for the rest of you, well ... I'll remember how nobody else wished me luck when it comes time to vote. Harumph.

And a thank you to you too, Mugurel. I am indeed fortunate, and should extend gratitude to my mother, as well. She's just as supportive, and while she was at work during my little nothing production, and couldn't offer her direct assistance, she did help out vicariously; the backdrop I used, the staple gun to hold it all up, the mousse to make my hair look pretty. The list goes on.

I'm just going to throw all three of us in the credits in alphabetical order and be done with it. Fade to black, fade in text, fade out to copyright notice, end of movie. No muss, no fuss.

I did lose an hour last night with this Daylight Saving Time nonsense, and I've only got about thirteen hours left now, so it's off to work for me! See you guys at the finish line.
Robert Martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 12:35 PM   #54
Wrangler

Boy, oh boy….it’s SUNDAY, and that means you’ve got until 1 a.m. PDT to get your film uploaded and the link sent to thedvchallenge@gmail.com. The normal deadline is midnight, but in protest of daylight savings time I’m giving you an extra hour. :)

So far, the submissions list includes Dick Mays, Hugh DiMauro, Josh Chesarek, Alex Chamberlain, Lorinda Norton, Tor-Atle Kindsbekken, and Jim Montgomery. Let me know if you sent your link and your name isn’t here. A more official-looking submissions list will come this evening.

Film viewing will start tomorrow! Depending upon how many entries are received I may post more than the usual five per day, because I’m going out of town on Wednesday and don’t want to take a chance that I can’t get online.

For you first-timers, don’t forget to post a feedback thread in the feedback forum! It can be great fun talking about each other’s films, and sometimes we even learn something for the next time.

If you're finished, congratulations! If you're not, we're rootin' for ya! :)
Old March 9th, 2008, 12:59 PM   #55
Major Player

I am rendering! I am also trying to recall and looking through all post where I should post it and stuff... it's been a while so I can't recall everything.. so it's on its way.
Old March 9th, 2008, 03:56 PM   #56
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredrik-Larsson View Post
I am rendering! I am also trying to recall and looking through all post where I should post it and stuff... it's been a while so I can't recall everything.. so it's on its way.
http://thedvchallenge.blogspot.com/s...w%20It%20Works

Steps:
Upload to Youtube
email thedvchallenge@gmail.com
info with link to youtube and other links if desired
post feedback thread
Josh Chesarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 04:50 PM   #57
Major Player

Thanks Josh. Can't find how to add it to the youtube TheDVChallenge account though...
Old March 9th, 2008, 05:09 PM   #58
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredrik-Larsson View Post
Thanks Josh. Can't find how to add it to the youtube TheDVChallenge account though...
To find the group easily head here:

http://www.youtube.com/group/thedvchallenge

Then at the top right in a yellow box you can click add video and add your video from your youtube account :)

Very few people seem to do this step. I think I am the only one in recent contests, that or they have not approved of the other videos yet for some reason.
Josh Chesarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 05:33 PM   #59
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Chesarek View Post
To find the group easily head here:

http://www.youtube.com/group/thedvchallenge

Then at the top right in a yellow box you can click add video and add your video from your youtube account :)

Very few people seem to do this step. I think I am the only one in recent contests, that or they have not approved of the other videos yet for some reason.
I guess people look on their own pages for this feature (like I did). Even though I added it I can't see that it's about to be added or something to the group. Hopefully it just need to be approved...
Old March 9th, 2008, 06:28 PM   #60
Regular Crew

Finished!

Just finished sending the email with our video I am really looking forward to seeing all of the submissions. Now I can relax for a day or two.
Bruce Broussard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge