DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   How's it going? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/116066-hows-going.html)

Lorinda Norton February 29th, 2008 07:43 PM

How's it going?

I'm sitting over here with nothing right now. Who chose this theme, anyway?

;)

Josh Chesarek February 29th, 2008 07:47 PM

I got a really cool idea if I can figure out how to do it. Hopefully Ill film this weekend.

Stephen van Vuuren February 29th, 2008 09:05 PM

I'm redoing my studio so I won't start for a few days. But I've done 48 Hours a number of years, so I'm not too worried...

...yet...

Dick Mays February 29th, 2008 09:35 PM

I have assembled my team, and we have consumed three bottles of Cabernet. I am expecting good things to happen when I wake up tomorrow and read the script....

Bob Thieda March 1st, 2008 07:25 AM

I've got a couple of ideas....but time will be the issue.
This weekend is booked already....so is next Saturday. And weekdays are limited, (unless I miss some work...hmmm).

Not givin' up though...not yet!

Robert Martens March 1st, 2008 10:45 AM

I was up all night screwing around with my new stuff (pays to live within sixty miles of B&H's warehouse; shipped UPS Ground, arrived next day), managed to get it working just about dawn, and wouldn't you know it, inspiration struck a few minutes ago. I have an idea that I can actually pull off, and which fits the theme, to boot. It didn't take until two days before the deadline this time, either! I suppose comedy is sort of an easy out when it comes to short films, but it's the best idea I've got and I'm running with it.

Still can't get GigaStudio LE to recognize my MIDI input correctly--at all, really--but that's a minor quibble. I'm on track to finish an entry for a change! Wee!

Jim Montgomery March 1st, 2008 10:56 AM

Well ........ I managed to do the Production credit roll ..... but that could change.

Lorinda Norton March 1st, 2008 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Martens (Post 835789)
I'm on track to finish an entry for a change! Wee!

Good to hear it, Robert. It's been a while! :)

Dick might be onto something there as far as getting a story going, but I don't drink wine...makes my nose stuffy.

Keep at it, and I hope everything goes well--for all of us!

Dylan Couper March 1st, 2008 12:24 PM

I'm sitting in a hotel room in San Francisco by the wharf drinking vodka and 7 (yes I know it's 9:30am) waiting for my driver to show up so I can get to our location. In the meantime, I thought I'd check in and see how everyone is doing. Glad to see there's a lot of head scratching, that means it's a good theme!

Jesse Steele March 1st, 2008 03:11 PM

You're all gonna hate me, but I wrote three scripts already, picked the one I'm using, shot it, stayed up all night editing it and am now fine tuning the score? Lorinda must be a muse?

I had to haul butt on this though because I have an acting audition for a movie about the Korean war out of town next weekend. So I have to be done by thurs!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Good Luck,
Jesse

David Cummings March 1st, 2008 11:38 PM

just finished filming the bulk of it. so Ive got a week to edit. things are looking up thus far!

Jonathan Jones March 2nd, 2008 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Couper (Post 835814)
I'm sitting in a hotel room in San Francisco by the wharf drinking vodka and 7 (yes I know it's 9:30am) waiting for my driver to show up so I can get to our location.

Did you travel all the way down here just to shoot for the Challenge or did you just fly south for the Winter?

-Jon

Mike Teutsch March 2nd, 2008 07:08 AM

Wow,

I've been so busy that I did not even see that the theme was posted until right now! Behind the curve, but I'll try to catch up.

Hang tough Lorinda, you da man.

Have fun in Frisco Dylan.

Mike

Hugh DiMauro March 2nd, 2008 12:21 PM

My writing is complete. It's shameless. Now I must beg, plead, bribe, cajole and threaten my colleagues into performing before the lens. Food, beer and whisky usually work.

Jim Montgomery March 2nd, 2008 12:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got the script, developed the closing production credit. My choice for actors are not answering the phone, damn caller ID, DP is set, editor is ready, cinemaphotographer is pacing, gaffer is doing drugs.

Anything else.....