DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   Have you started yet? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/123811-have-you-started-yet.html)

Lorinda Norton June 15th, 2008 12:38 PM

Have you started yet?

I’ve kicked out two ideas so far, as in kicked them out of the running. One, though I really like it, would take more work and favors than what I want to do, and the other one had no ending. How are the rest of you coming along?

Also, it’s June 15 here, so to all you good dads out there (US or otherwise), “Happy Father’s Day!” :)

Oliver Pahlow June 15th, 2008 08:10 PM

Thank you Lorinda,

My son is 23 and in the Marines. I just got done celebrating fathers day with my own father. Happy fathers day to all.

How much time do we have to complete this challenge?

Oliver Pahlow

Lorinda Norton June 15th, 2008 10:15 PM

You need to have your film uploaded and the link emailed to thedvchallenge@gmail.com by midnight PST on Sunday, June 29.

Tell your son I said, “thank you,” Oliver. :) He’s the same age as my only kid in the Army.

Kris Holodak June 16th, 2008 06:57 AM

I have an idea that completely doesn't fit the theme. But it's so stuck in my head that I can't seem to get it out without actually shooting it. Not sure what I'm going to do...

Mugurel Dragusin June 16th, 2008 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris Holodak (Post 893761)
I have an idea that completely doesn't fit the theme. But it's so stuck in my head that I can't seem to get it out without actually shooting it. Not sure what I'm going to do...

That's the hard part :)

Jesse Steele June 16th, 2008 12:25 PM

I have a friend home on leave from Iraq and I really want to use him in my short!!!!! im begging

Robert Martens June 16th, 2008 02:42 PM

Beside the ideas that take too many people and/or locations, I've been getting back into Audiosurf after a few months off. I can't pull myself from the computer long enough to get anything else done. I tell myself "just one more try" for a Stealth run, but before I know it it's three in the morning. And I keep hitting grey blocks.

The best part? One of the gameplay recordings I posted to Youtube just hit two hundred views after all of four days, and two of the videos have been favorited.

Maybe I should stick to videogames.

Dylan Couper June 16th, 2008 02:54 PM

I think I've settled on a script. Just got to get cast & crew now!

Marc Burleigh June 17th, 2008 04:20 PM

Argh

Started, yes. And stopped. My (bleeping) camera will have to go back in for repairs. Looks to be a problem with the head.

Et merde.

So I guess it's what now? A shark tank or somesuch?

I WILL be back, for the next challenge.

Dylan Couper June 17th, 2008 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Burleigh (Post 894622)
Started, yes. And stopped. My (bleeping) camera will have to go back in for repairs. Looks to be a problem with the head.

Et merde.

So I guess it's what now? A shark tank or somesuch?

I WILL be back, for the next challenge.

Make your film on the video mode of a digital still camera.

Lorinda Norton June 17th, 2008 05:34 PM

I've thought about doing a "shorty" with the camcorder on my cell phone. In some ways I think it would be a blast!

Meryem Ersoz June 17th, 2008 07:28 PM

i have an idea but oh no time to execute, this is going to be one of my one-day wonders, i can feel it. let's see, i've already done a dog movie...heeere kitty kitty kitty....

Mike Teutsch June 18th, 2008 04:37 AM

Have I started what yet?

Just back from another trip to Mobile, Alabama early early Sunday morning. I'm still trying to complete my first UWOL entry. I had additional auditions for our submarine project at my house last night and I'm right in the middle of replacing the entire roof of my 37 foot motor home all by myself. Oh, did I mention that I'm also sick!

So the theme is luck. I could use some of that. I'll really have to hustle to get this one done.

Good "LUCK" to all!

Mike

Jesse Steele June 18th, 2008 02:18 PM

My equipment is holding up fine!!! My props are all breakin down!!!!

It's always something I guess!!!!

Oliver Pahlow June 19th, 2008 02:04 PM

I have not started yet. But I do have some ideas. I'm still trying to complete the UWOL, and I'm having a hard time with that one. But hey, the weather is fantastic here in the Chicago land area. So I have that going for me...

Oliver