DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   DVC16 Sign Up Thread! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/145660-dvc16-sign-up-thread.html)

Dylan Couper March 12th, 2009 09:08 AM

DVC16 Sign Up Thread!

Ok, once again it's time to put your ego on the line and sign up for a DV Challenge!

A few things will be different this time!

First... The time frame. Instead of our usual 10 day challenge, you will have a full month!
The challenge will begin with the theme announcement on Thursday April 2nd, and will close Sunday May 3rd.

We will keep the extended time limit of 5 minutes, which everyone has found helpful.

And finally... the prize!
For our extended challenge, Guy Cochran and dvcreators.net have donated a
Reflecmedia 8'x8' Chromatte Package! Reflecmedia in action - Chroma key made easy on Vimeo
This includes everything you need to create a Green Screen set - fast!
* Litering
* Controller
* 8'x8' Chromatte curtain
* adapter ring to fityour specific camera.
Last year these were $3800! The price has come down to $1500.This is going to be one awesome prize!
Here is Guy using it with the Canon 5D Mark II Chroma key with the Canon 5D and Reflecmedia on Vimeo

If that doesn't give you incentive to compete... nothing will. Now sign up or stay home!

Michael Kraus March 12th, 2009 10:51 AM

Cool! I'm in. When do we find out the theme?

Chris Swanberg March 12th, 2009 11:20 AM

Count me in.

Robert Martens March 12th, 2009 11:41 AM

I'll add my Herbie Hancock to the list. It's been a while since the last month-long, and those are always my favorites.

Jesse Steele March 12th, 2009 12:13 PM

I've been on the wall of shame (as a director, acted in the last one) for so long now that I figure I need to find an escape route out of this dungeon!! ......Count me in!

Oliver Pahlow March 12th, 2009 12:20 PM

I'm in......

Dylan Couper March 12th, 2009 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Kraus (Post 1026635)
Cool! I'm in. When do we find out the theme?

April 2nd, the day it begins.

Also, I'm in too!

Andris Krastins March 12th, 2009 01:09 PM

yay, I'm in!

edit: I'm a bit worried about my schedule. I have planned to shoot a short film during that time, but if I and my crew are lucky, we might be able to use one set for two shorts. :)

Chris Barcellos March 12th, 2009 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Couper (Post 1026689)
April 2nd, the day it begins.

Also, I'm in too!

I think I'm hearing a Canon 5D2 warming up.... okay, I said I was out of DVChallenge this year, but to see 5D2 against 5D2, I will sign up one more time....

Alex Chamberlain March 12th, 2009 02:07 PM

Yea, verily

Yesh, please. Count me in.

Bob Thieda March 12th, 2009 04:53 PM

Yes...I'm in!!

OK...

New, unfamiliar camera...check
No crew...check
No actors...check
No experiance...check
Limited equipment...check

One month to complete....YES! I'm in!!

Dylan Couper March 12th, 2009 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos (Post 1026720)
I think I'm hearing a Canon 5D2 warming up.... okay, I said I was out of DVChallenge this year, but to see 5D2 against 5D2, I will sign up one more time....

AH, so it's a 5D2 subchallenge eh? :)

Marc Burleigh March 12th, 2009 08:14 PM

The day after April Fool's? Absolutely I'm in. I have to expunge my own mark on the Wall of Shame, and this could be a good way to do it. And that prize is one that's really going to bring a deluge of videomeisters down on this thread.....

Bruce Foreman March 12th, 2009 11:03 PM

Remember now, April Fools is the one day of the year that reminds of what we are the other 364...

...Yup. Me too. I'm in.

Lorinda Norton March 12th, 2009 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Couper (Post 1026564)
Reflecmedia 8'x8' Chromatte Package! Reflecmedia in action - Chroma key made easy on Vimeo

Ohhhhh……that system is sooooo coooool. (All those extra letters signify me droooooling over here.) Wish I could compete--not that I could win, but dang…

Whining aside, I’m in.

P.S. GREAT prize, Guy. Thanks so much! :)