The Canon 5D mark2 subchallenge - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old May 8th, 2009, 03:08 PM   #16
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos View Post
I think its just you and I Dylan. I vote for yours as winner. Very artistic, and very demonstrative about the capabilities of this camera !
Sadly I can't accept... I have to disqualify myself because I cheated and used Nikon lenses... The title said "CANON" challenge, not "Canon/Nikon" challenge, thus, I must decline the title... :)
Old May 8th, 2009, 03:43 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Oops, I am out too.. same issue. Only Nikon lenses used.. well may be a Pentax thrown in..... no prize this time around...
Old May 10th, 2009, 12:37 AM   #18
Major Player

Geeze ... who are you guys? Alphonse and Gaston?

I'm not a qualified judge...because I didn't enter this subchallenge (no Canon camera, Duh.. but even if I had one I am not up to the abilities you two exhibited), and .. I also worked on Chris B's film, but if you will graciously allow me....

Dylan is the winner. The imagery in that film stands up to repeated viewing, blows my socks off every time I watch it... and i have sseen it several times.

Chris's film in my view is a triumph in acting, directing and well.. just damn good...and he was judicious in not being IN YOUR FACE about the DOF abilities of the Canon...but the subchallenge was about using the abilities of the Canon to create images as far as I knew and the images Dylan wove together were just so hauntingly gorgeous.

I "vote" Dylan's film as the winner. Probably one of the best films technically I have ever seen on here in my opinion.

Chris S.

ps. and if you two insist.. I'm willing to call it a tie. I'll buy you both dinner. Must be present to claim prize.
Chris Swanberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2009, 08:43 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Is there any interest in resurrecting the Subchallenge for DVC 17?
Daniel Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2009, 11:50 AM   #20
Wrangler

Sure, just call out everyone with a 5D2. :)
Old September 9th, 2009, 11:21 PM   #21
Major Player

I'm shooting with a 5D but didn't see this challenge back when you posted it. I've been away from video for a while. :-(
Lisa Shofner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2009, 11:11 AM   #22
Regular Crew

I'm officially calling out all the 5D shooters in the DV Challenge (if there are any this time around). My entry was 100% 5D Mark II + 24-105L, with some dual system audio recorded on a PMW-EX1. Anyone else?
Old October 5th, 2009, 11:34 AM   #23
Inner Circle

Change to DSLR Sub-Challenge

Maybe we should say the DSLR Subchallenge. I know 7D is in the fray now, along with the other Canon DSLR (sorry no disrespect, but I don't recall model) and the Nikons, and the Panny, and Casio.......etc., etc..

My trailer footage is in the can. I am editing now. It is alll 5D with exception of one cut in of a computer screen that worked better with my Canon HV20.
Old October 5th, 2009, 11:38 AM   #24
Regular Crew

DSLR Subchallenge it is, then. I can't wait to see what you shot, Chris - I know it's going to be good.
Old October 10th, 2009, 08:53 PM   #25
Trustee

Well, mine was all done with the 7D, a bit of a learning experience but I guess I'm in the subchallenge unless too late.

I uploaded mine last night. Gonna be fun to see what everyone turns up with.

Funny thing is, I never did anything serious with the T1i, I guess I subconsciously was "scheming" for a way to afford the 5D MkII and then suddenly along came the 7D. I actually had the T1i less than 4 months when I put in an order with B&H for the 7D.

So today I reviewed my entry from an HD WMV file run on a WD TV media player showing on the 42" LCD and the same thumb drive also had a compilation of various test clips shot with the T1i and it's amazing how close that came in image quality to the 7D.
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2009, 10:21 PM   #26
Inner Circle

Hey Bruce, glad to hear you are having fun with the 7D.

What we all are learning is it isn't what you shoot with, but how and what you are shooting that makes good film. Every camera has something a little better, but not even none will make a poor story or bad camera work look good.
Old October 11th, 2009, 10:29 AM   #27
Wrangler

I got nothing done at all. Had a huge project dropped on me in mid Sept that took up way more time than I expected. Wall of shame for me.
Old October 11th, 2009, 10:37 AM   #28
Trustee

Dylan,

Most of us have no control over this sort of thing. It is a shame (and not on the "wall of shame") in my way of looking at things. The shame is that the same circumstances that caused you to not be able to participate have also deprived the rest of us from seeing what you would have turned up with.

Next time...
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2009, 11:34 PM   #29
Regular Crew

Had to chime in and say how gelious I am of all you 5D owners. The images are STUNNING.
Clint Harmon is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge