How's everyone doing? - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old April 23rd, 2009, 10:36 PM   #46
Wrangler

You guys are something else---this is going to be a GREAT round!!

I can’t shoot mine until next Thursday, which gives me four days to edit and upload.

…Piece of cake.

(How’s that for sticking with a theme, Craig?) ;)
Old April 23rd, 2009, 10:43 PM   #47
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Harmon View Post
I don't know if I will have time to assemble a teaser but I can provide a 6 second behind the scenes clip of one of the stunts gone wrong...lol

YouTube - Stunt Outtake1
Clint, is that a Spiderbrace you are using there, and what cam do you have on it. I've been looking at their website but my cams (Canon HF100's) are pretty small. Looks like what you have is working for you.
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2009, 10:52 PM   #48
Trustee

I hate this, odds are against me getting an entry done this time. I had a setback in the physical therapy I'm going through, we have no idea what caused it. But I'm back to just barely being able to hobble around the house with a cane.

Extreme tight lower back, left hamstring, and left calf muscles. A stretching regimen was making good progress until first of this month. Plus no crew interest, so barring a miracle I'll have to enjoy what all of you have done this round.
Old April 24th, 2009, 07:29 AM   #49
Regular Crew

I'm suffering setbacks - I keep getting denied/booted out of locations. Not licked yet but next week will be hoppin' for sure trying to catch up.

-j
Jay Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2009, 08:46 PM   #50
Regular Crew

Might seem off topic till you read the end

Bruce, I have five identical camera rigs. Each camera is a Panasonic HDC-HS100. For the shoulder support I used Cavision rs1580 from B&H

Cavision | RS1580S-SPE Shoulder Pad with Rod System

Here is a series of pictures from having alot of attachments to just the bare camera and rig. I have used the cheap light attachment as a lav mount as well. You can also notice my system of camera identification by high end Z.I.P. TIES...

Just to stay on topic, I had a scene that involved 5 cars in the middle of my street (SPOILER...was trying to look criminal). Mind you I am the only house on the street. Police just happened to drive by and notice all the cars. Apperently I made it look authentic. As the police pulled up, I started to walk up to them with one of my camera rigs. In the dark they didnt know what it was and drew their guns at me! Lets just say it was an eventful night.
Attached Thumbnails
How's everyone doing?-dviproject-044.jpg   How's everyone doing?-dviproject-050.jpg  

How's everyone doing?-dviproject-056.jpg   How's everyone doing?-dviproject-057.jpg  

How's everyone doing?-dviproject-062.jpg   How's everyone doing?-dviproject-052.jpg  

Clint Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2009, 07:07 AM   #51
Major Player

Quote:
Just to stay on topic, I had a scene that involved 5 cars in the middle of my street (SPOILER...was trying to look criminal). Mind you I am the only house on the street. Police just happened to drive by and notice all the cars. Apperently I made it look authentic. As the police pulled up, I started to walk up to them with one of my camera rigs. In the dark they didnt know what it was and drew their guns at me! Lets just say it was an eventful night.
I'd drop down on you too, if I saw that rig coming at me in the night.
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2009, 09:09 AM   #52
Trustee

Quote:
Bruce, I have five identical camera rigs. Each camera is a Panasonic HDC-HS100. For the shoulder support I used Cavision rs1580 from B&H

Cavision | RS1580S-SPE Shoulder Pad with Rod System
Looks like Spiderbrace is a "simpler" copy of the Cavision concept. Made mostly from PVC but designed primarily for camcorders larger than mine. Your rigs look very workable.

Quote:
As the police pulled up, I started to walk up to them with one of my camera rigs. In the dark they didnt know what it was and drew their guns at me! Lets just say it was an eventful night.
I think a serious written complaint to the police chief is in order. Those guys need some serious training. They all carry (or should carry) extremely bright tactical flashlights some of which are compact enough to be carried on a belt.

I teach a course I wrote on Defensive Handgun skills and do some of it at night. If my students can, in just a few minutes, learn to effectively use small flashlights to very briefly illuminate and identify, those police officers have no excuse.

A camcorder rig with a fur windscreened mic on top does NOT look like a weapon, and guns pointed at you put you at very serious risk.

Our Sherrif's Dept uses our gun club range for training exercises, many at night. As the range executive officer, I often assist the other club officers (Prez, Vice Pres, Range Officers) in supervising on "stage" setups so our club's safety procedures are followed to the letter, and I get a chance to shoot the exercise in turn with the deputies on each of the stages. Light, illumination, and identification are graded and critiqued.

I'm looking forward to seeing your entry.

Bruce
Old April 26th, 2009, 11:39 AM   #53
Major Player

The problems of shooting live actors

Chris Barcellos shot his main footage yesterday and his lead actress pulled out on him a couple hours prior to the shoot. (Poor guy, I thought).

My shoot day starts this afternoon and my WWII re-enactors (spoiler), with full uniforms, weapons, jeep etc, pulled out on me this morning. (Arghhh)

UWOL looks better all the time.

Chris

(Time for thinking on my feet - hearing clock ticking)
Chris Swanberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2009, 12:39 PM   #54
Major Player

Rough edit complete. Now it's time for tweaking, graphics, and sound. I'm feeling close though.
Jeremy Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2009, 05:09 PM   #55
Major Player

almost done..

just redo 1 voice part and done.... I think... When does this need to be up on the web?? July 1st?

Peace of Cake... GGGEEE
Old April 27th, 2009, 09:23 AM   #56
Wrangler

Quote:
Tell me you got them in the shot for authenticity! :)
Old April 27th, 2009, 10:47 AM   #57
Major Player

Haven't entered one of these in a long time. Looks like I missed the cut off date.

I've still been working on my craft from time to time though. Maybe I'll hit the next one.

Mike
Old April 27th, 2009, 11:12 AM   #58
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
I'm going to have to bow out of this one. Between my co-author and I we can't get our sched's together and I leave town for a week and a half right away. Next time...

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else has done.
Old April 27th, 2009, 12:36 PM   #59
Major Player

Done

Yep I made it..... and actually feel good about it.... anyway I'll have it up this weekend....

Yep... Peace of cake, Bag of chips, and a coke and a smile...
Old April 27th, 2009, 09:24 PM   #60
Major Player

I spent most of today in a bad mood, feeling like this whole thing was falling apart at the last minute, as usual. After a few hours of experimentation and deep, soulful contemplation, however, pops and I have reached the conclusion that a few bits of band iron, a flattened section of smoke pipe, one of my old still camera tripods, and a boatload of old rags will solve all our problems.

Production begins tomorrow.
Robert Martens is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge