DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   And the winner of DVC16 is... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/235146-winner-dvc16.html)

Dylan Couper May 11th, 2009 02:41 PM

And the winner of DVC16 is...

DVC 16, with the theme of Food, certainly brought some interesting, funny, and fantastic films out of our challengers. Great round guys and girls, and applause to all of you who submitted a film. Thank you for your hard work and creativity!

But, only one film maker gets to leave here with the top prize, a $1500 Reflecmedia 8'x8' Chromatte Package, from our sponsors at DVeStore, with big thanks to Guy Cochran. Props as always of course, to Chris Hurd for giving us space here on DV Info, and my personal thanks to Lorinda Norton who really takes all the credit while I do all the hard work behind the scenes (just kidding Lorinda! haha! :)

So, let us get down to it… And now, here are your top picks for DVC 14:

Second Runner Up:

Jeremy Doyle "Noodle Time"

First Runner Up:

Keith Heyward "Dessert Island"

The WINNER of DVC 14:
Joseph Tran "Food is the Way to a Man's Heart"

Congratulations, Joseph! THREE TIME champion! You've now tied Hugh DiMauro as the all time DVC champion with another wonderful entry!! Very nice work! Please email me to set up your prize with dvestore.com!

Congratulations, as well, to everyone else who competed, you all did a great job.

See you all for DVC17, which I promise, will be competely different from anything we've done up to now.

Jeremy Doyle May 11th, 2009 02:45 PM

Congratulations Joseph!!! You've really found a niche here. I look forward to your next film

Robert Martens May 11th, 2009 02:53 PM

Well done, Joseph! Another great entry, any projects in mind for your new equipment?

Keith and Jeremy, congratulations as well. Production value in spades, and interesting uses of the theme. Excellent shorts!

Craig Bellaire May 11th, 2009 04:45 PM

Congratulations Joseph

A wonderful video indeed...

Is this the first DVC to have all HD video's as entries?

Chris Swanberg May 11th, 2009 07:23 PM

Lots of great entries this time around. Congratulations to all, and especially to the winners !

Lorinda Norton May 11th, 2009 09:43 PM

Well, Joseph, you’ve done it again! Congratulations, young man!! :)

You and your team continue to, as Dick Mays said, kick our butts, but that’s okay--it’s all about working on our skills and all about having a great time showing our films and enjoying the others. It’s obvious we enjoy what you do so you just keep on kicking our butts and we’ll work harder at kicking yours next time. Ha ha!

Congratulations, as well to Keith and Jeremy. Great films, and lots of fun, too!

And to all of you, thanks so much for all the hard work and the great entertainment. Movies are wonderful ways to escape and we need that from time to time. Looking forward to DVC 17 and this completely different thing our beloved leader has in mind! :D Thanks for giving us the opportunities, Dylan!

Dick Mays May 12th, 2009 03:29 AM

Very entertaining shorts, all three films. Congratulations to the winners!

I think we ought to start handicapping these challenges. Like have a different set of rules for three time winners. Make them shoot in DV, with only camera audio. No moving camera... hummmmm. But Joseph Tran would probably still tell a winning story, even with the weights and ball and chains attached. Those damn magicians!

Julia Liu May 12th, 2009 11:07 AM

Nice win Joseph! Maybe I should start practicing my card tricks...

Joseph Tran May 12th, 2009 09:21 PM

Many thanks, everyone, for your support of this piece! I often tell people that I'm learning at an exponential rate here at this competition, and that still rings true with DVC16. To exchange ideas, receive feedback, and make discoveries amongst each other's films is an invaluable tool for our team. Big thanks to Dylan, Lorinda, and Chris Hurd for keeping this competition going strong, and to all the entrants for their wonderful films!

Robert - no project in mind just yet, but I'm certain your "Fish Like to Travel in ParIS" idea just got a lot easier.

Craig - actually, we shot most of our piece in SD with the XL2, and uprezzed it to HD in post. I had saved up for almost two years to get that camera, and to this day (despite all the cool, new HD cams), I just can't part with my baby!

As always, I am honored and humbled by all of your support, time, and feedback. Thanks again for all of your great pieces, and see you on the boards!

Joseph Tran May 12th, 2009 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton (Post 1141637)
And to all of you, thanks so much for all the hard work and the great entertainment. Movies are wonderful ways to escape and we need that from time to time. Looking forward to DVC 17 and this completely different thing our beloved leader has in mind! :D Thanks for giving us the opportunities, Dylan!

Beautifully put, Lorinda!

Joseph Tran May 12th, 2009 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Mays (Post 1141707)
Those damn magicians!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julia Liu (Post 1141925)
Maybe I should start practicing my card tricks...

Hmm... I like it... Movie Magic!!