DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   Sign Up For DVC 17!!!! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/345529-sign-up-dvc-17-a.html)

Lorinda Norton August 31st, 2009 06:09 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen, it’s time for a challenge! If you’re already a film maker or if you think you’d like to be one, here’s your best opportunity to jump in and see what you can do. It’s friendly, it’s fun, and it’s free thanks to Chris Hurd giving the DVC a home right here on DV Info.net –still the best video site ever!

*THIS* is going to be a fun round. Dylan and I would tell you to check out the rules at The DV Challenge: * Official Rules but there are enough changes this time you’ll just have to wait for the start date and get it all fresh. (Actually, it could be that we haven’t decided on all the rules yet.) ;)

What is the start date, you ask? Well...

Start: Thursday, Sept. 10 you’ll get all the details and be off to do your thing.

Finish: Sunday, Oct. 11 you must have your entry uploaded and the link sent to thedvchallenge@gmail.com

Call us softies but just like last round you get FOUR weeks on this one! Not so much because you’ll need it but to increase the chances of people actually getting something completed. So if you can use all that time this will be your chance to knock our socks off!

No excuses (unless you’re going on a month-long safari) so sign up now and join the fun!

Lorinda Norton August 31st, 2009 06:10 PM

The PRIZE!!!

Ah yes, the prize. Leave it to our fabulous sponsor Guy Cochran of DVeStore at DVcreators.net to donate a prize worth drooling over. Take a look at this:
DVcreator Location Sound Package 1 at DVcreators.net

It’s their top selling audio kit - The DVcreator Location Sound Package 1!!
This kit includes the immensely popular RODE NTG-2 shotgun microphone, K-TEK Windmuff, RODE 10' Boom Pole, SM3 Shockmount along with Audio Technica Premium Cables!

You’ve heard it said over and over that in video audio is 70% of what you see...well, here’s a chance to add a sweet kit to your arsenal. And those of you who have done business with Guy know that he tests everything and hand-picks what he thinks is the best equipment for the price. You may have seen his tutorials or read his helpful comments here on DV Info.net. He’s a great resource and always ready to answer questions.

Many thanks to Guy for such a generous prize. It’s great added incentive for all of you to sign up! :)

Robert Martens August 31st, 2009 06:21 PM

I'll gladly be the first to jump under the bus this time! Or on the bandwagon. Whatever, you get the idea. I'm in.

James Huenergardt August 31st, 2009 06:44 PM

Wow, that's great, I'm in.!

Dick Mays August 31st, 2009 08:25 PM

Of course I think me and my peeps are in!

Daniel Bates August 31st, 2009 08:41 PM

I'm in as well. This will be a challenge indeed; I don't know any actors.

Chris Barcellos August 31st, 2009 09:20 PM

I'm up for this one agian.

Jeremy Doyle August 31st, 2009 09:51 PM

count me in. I like these month long ones even though I usually end up doing all the work in a couple days. At least with a month I can usually find a couple days!

Alex Chamberlain August 31st, 2009 10:49 PM

I'm with you too!

Lorinda Norton September 1st, 2009 12:44 AM

Hi Daniel,
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Bates (Post 1295809)
This will be a challenge indeed; I don't know any actors.

You're pretty close to where my son is, who has "co-starred" in two of my entries. Too bad you can't look him up. ;)

If I'm guessing correctly about your occupation I think you will be able to find willing volunteers. Acting experience is not necessary!

William Gardner September 1st, 2009 07:07 AM

I'm in, hopefully...

Andrew Hood September 1st, 2009 09:23 AM

Time for another one... count me in.

Shaun Roemich September 1st, 2009 10:00 AM

Giddy up! I'll take a stab at this.

Marc Burleigh September 1st, 2009 01:12 PM

Month-long safari you say? Well, month-long trip around 4 countries happening, but what the hell, I should be able to pack a camera and computer... let's see what happens!

I'm in!

Dennis Khaye September 1st, 2009 05:37 PM

Nice sound package, thanks Guy! Count us in.