DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   Digital Video Challenge - #1 Sign Up Thread (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/42220-digital-video-challenge-1-sign-up-thread.html)

Barry Goyette April 1st, 2005 10:34 AM

I'm in.

edit:

I live in San Luis Obispo California USA. I have lots of video gear, I hardly ever use it. It's time.

K. Forman April 1st, 2005 10:45 AM

And what is in it for the contributors? Anything besides fame and glory??? I heard the winner gets a new XL2, all kitted out...

Barry Gribble April 1st, 2005 12:34 PM

I'm competing. I am in Washington DC. Something about me... hmmm... I drive a Bug.

Jesse Bekas April 1st, 2005 04:17 PM

I'm down.

I'm a film student in Northeast New Jersey @ William Paterson Unversity. I make a little cash here and there as freelance editor. I'm currently interning for a small production who shoots a lot of DV music videos. I hope to work in the camera department on feature films or dramatic television and eventually DP.

Aaron Koolen April 1st, 2005 04:21 PM

Hi Dylan. Don't try and juggle too much on my account, I know that there will never be a way to keep everyone happy.

Whether we get too much of an advantage I dunno. At your midnight Thu/Fri crossover, it will be about 8pm Friday night here so yeah we will still be in "waking" hours so to speak so potentially get 4 hours more time. But at the other end, we will have to have our movie uploaded and URL's posted by that same 8pm, whereas others can work until Midnight Thursday (assuming you do one full week). So we might get a day (20hours) headstart, but I dunno if it's an advantage. I hate these things, my head always hurts.

Either way, I'm going to try and assemble a team now and see if we can get something done in whatever time we have!

Aaron

Dylan Couper April 1st, 2005 05:00 PM

This is now the sign up thread!

Cory Cone April 3rd, 2005 07:21 PM

I'm in! I'm from Saskatoon, SK, Canada, I'm 20 and I like making films.

Dylan Couper April 4th, 2005 10:41 AM

BTW, I will be submitting a film too. Not eligible for judging of course, since I'm one of the judges. :)

Dylan Couper April 6th, 2005 11:22 AM

Just a reminder, the contest begins tomorrow night!

Ronnie Grahn April 6th, 2005 02:16 PM

I'm in, if the camera doesn't decide to eat the tape... Got some disturbing error last time I tried to rewind a tape. But that's what I get for changing brand.

I'm from Sweden, unemployed and should really be getting of my ass and getting more filming done.

Mitchell Stookey April 6th, 2005 04:41 PM

I will participate. About myself? I lost my hand last year in a freak accident at the cabin and replaced it with a DVX.

Ramon Georges April 6th, 2005 04:57 PM

I have no idea what I'm doing - serious newbie - but I'm willing to give it a try. I'm sure I can produce something that lasts at least one minute, which might prove interesting to watch. It would be my first non-home movie. Scary.

Michael Middleton April 6th, 2005 05:15 PM

I'll give it a shot, time permitting.

Michael

Aaron Koolen April 6th, 2005 05:49 PM

This is great. Heaps of people wanting to get involved!

I'm staining myself at the moment. We have only a few locations and no idea what we're really going to do ;)

Aaron

Lorinda Norton April 6th, 2005 08:06 PM

It's a little scary, as I've never tried anything of the kind, but why not? Should be fun!