DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   The Winner of DVC 17 is.... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/466062-winner-dvc-17-a.html)

Lorinda Norton October 19th, 2009 12:42 PM

The Winner of DVC 17 is....

The votes are tallied and we have a winner in what has been a very fun DVC. Thanks go out to each one of you who competed, to those who offered feedback, to our leader Dylan Couper for coming up with such a fun challenge, and, as always, to Chris Hurd for giving the DV Challenge a home right here on the unmatchable DVinfo Net!

You’re all winners just for completing a trailer, and you should be proud because every one of them showed a lot of creativity. It ended up being a close race for the top prize. But only one can take home that prize, which, in this round just happens to be the DVcreator Location Sound Package offered by our fabulous sponsor, Guy Cochran of DVeStore at DVcreators.net! The kit includes the immensely popular RODE NTG-2 shotgun microphone, K-TEK Windmuff, RODE 10' Boom Pole, SM3 Shockmount along with Audio Technica Premium Cables. Thank you so much, Guy!!

All right--the moment you’ve been waiting for. Drum roll, somebody...

Honorable Mention (four votes or more):
“Azure Sunrise” by Daniel Bates
“Honest Work” by Jeremy Doyle
“Dawn of the Day of the Night of the Attack of the Zombies” by Clint Harmon

Second Runner Up:
“Free Association” by Craig Yates

First Runner Up:
“Below” by Mitchell Stookey

The WINNER of the DVC 17:
“It Should Have Been You” by Keith Heyward

Congratulations, Keith, Julia and Rob!! The quality of this trailer is simply amazing, and your peers rewarded your great work with a win. Go celebrate your victory--you deserve it! We’ll be contacting you with info about claiming your prize.

Thanks again to everyone who competed and helped out. We were privileged to have representation from five countries, including Latvia, the UK, Canada, the USA, plus a US Soldier stationed in Iraq. What a wonderful group of folks! Give yourselves much-deserved congratulations.

See you all for DVC 18!!

* In the meantime, be watching for details on our DVC17 film festival coming right up--Oct. 31! It’s going to be fun! *

Robert Martens October 19th, 2009 01:30 PM

Congratulations to the three of you! If I'd been in this one I'd have voted the same way. Really impressive trailer, you deserve the win.

Alan Emery October 19th, 2009 01:36 PM

Congratulations to all the winners! Special kudos to the top place finishers, this was an exceptional presentation.

As a first-timer I had a lot of fun and learned a great deal from both the other contestant's work and also from the critiques of the all the trailers. The other members of my team also learned a great deal and we all appreciated the constructive criticism that we received on our trailer.

Many thanks for the opportunity to be in the challenge.

Alan

Bruce Foreman October 19th, 2009 02:56 PM

Congratulations Keith, Julia, and Rob.

A well deserved win.

Bruce Foreman

Craig Bellaire October 19th, 2009 03:52 PM

nice job

for the next one I'm using a GTO...Fo Sho

Craig Yates October 19th, 2009 04:43 PM

Well done guys! I think it was always going to be between those two trailers for the top prize, both were a class above. I'm just surprised that I got the best of the rest, feels like a victory in itself!

Great challenge everybody! :)

Keith Heyward October 19th, 2009 05:48 PM

Thank you all sooo much. It must have been close cause all the the videos were great. After seeing "Below" I thought, "wow.. Thats good" So I am honored that our trailer got similar responses.
I think what's really impressive are those who ended up making complete movies. I am really excited to check those out on Halloween.

Thanks

Julia Liu October 19th, 2009 06:24 PM

YAY!!! Thank you so much everyone! This was such a great learning experience to make the trailer- and will continue to be! (Think I may still try to cut it down.) Thanks for the great comments and also sweet competition! Can't wait for the Halloween film festival of shorts!!!

Clint Harmon October 19th, 2009 11:31 PM

Congratulations Kieth et al.

I am proud to be in the same honorable mention with Daniel and Jeremy. I really liked both of those trailers immensely. I think this shows the calibur of the trailers that beat ours. Good show everyone.

Too bad Tran didn't make a showing into this. I already had a battlecry ready for if he won again...

(William Shatner impersonation) TRANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!

Andris Krastins October 20th, 2009 03:20 AM

Congratulations to winners!
This was a pleasurable challenge to participate in.
Thank you all!

Mitchell Stookey October 20th, 2009 10:09 PM

Huge congratulations to Keith and Julia and the team! I'm very happy for you all. Sorry I didn't respond sooner I was in San Francisco all weekend (DYING to know the results!) and this was my first opportunity! It was a great DV Challenge and my team and I can't wait for the next. Congrats again!

Jay Kavi October 20th, 2009 11:11 PM

Congrads everyone! Great films and can't wait for the next challenge!

Daniel Bates October 25th, 2009 12:57 AM

I don't think there was any doubt in anyone's mind as to who would be in the first two places. Congratulations, both of you!

I had a great time. Thanks for putting on the Challenge, Lorinda and Dylan.